LispWorks for Windows delivery
Author Message
 LispWorks for Windows delivery

When turning lisp code into stand alone executables I have been
able to successfully deliver at level 4, which has reduced the
image size from just over 16M to just under 8M.  Everyting works
fine.  However, when I go to level 5 I get a message box which
says

"Undefined function #:REA called with arguments (#<#:LAT 204B9a14>)."

I've had a long look through the Delivery manual, but can't figure
this one out.

Thanks,

Marcus.

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LispWorks for Windows delivery
Marcus,

I can't offer specific help.  I noticed delivery can be mysterious.
Even at the lowest level, when using GUI, error handling is not ideal
(the black console often does come in).  Does not this happen to you,
even in the development environment?

Have you specified that the condition system is retained
(:keep-conditions, which is not in the doc)?

I posted to the ng a few months ago on my issue, no answer.  Maybe we
should form a desperate coalition of LWW users who actually want to
deliver?

BTW, which version are you using?  Do you use GUI and classes?

Regards
Robert

Quote:

> When turning lisp code into stand alone executables I have been
> able to successfully deliver at level 4, which has reduced the
> image size from just over 16M to just under 8M.  Everyting works
> fine.  However, when I go to level 5 I get a message box which
> says

> "Undefined function #:REA called with arguments (#<#:LAT 204B9a14>)."

> I've had a long look through the Delivery manual, but can't figure
> this one out.

> Thanks,

> Marcus.

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LispWorks for Windows delivery

Quote:

> Marcus,

> I can't offer specific help.  I noticed delivery can be mysterious.
> Even at the lowest level, when using GUI, error handling is not ideal
> (the black console often does come in).  Does not this happen to you,
> even in the development environment?

> Have you specified that the condition system is retained
> (:keep-conditions, which is not in the doc)?

> I posted to the ng a few months ago on my issue, no answer.  Maybe we
> should form a desperate coalition of LWW users who actually want to
> deliver?

> BTW, which version are you using?  Do you use GUI and classes?

> Regards
> Robert

For those interested, there is a mailing list
for LispWorks for Windows users:

"lww at lisp.de"

Subscribe via "lww-request at lisp.de"

It is a forum for discussing LWW problems and solutions.
Currently it is a bit low volume...

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LispWorks for Windows delivery

Quote:

> When turning lisp code into stand alone executables I have been
> able to successfully deliver at level 4, which has reduced the
> image size from just over 16M to just under 8M.  Everyting works
> fine.  However, when I go to level 5 I get a message box which
> says

> "Undefined function #:REA called with arguments (#<#:LAT 204B9a14>)."

> I've had a long look through the Delivery manual, but can't figure
> this one out.

Yes, severity level 5 seems to be quite hard to get right when
using the CAPI. You could try using level 4 and including :COMPACT T.
On my most recent project this reduced the file size from 7.4 MB to
5.9 MB, without causing any trouble.

Quote:

> I can't offer specific help.  I noticed delivery can be mysterious.
> Even at the lowest level, when using GUI, error handling is not ideal
> (the black console often does come in).  Does not this happen to you,
> even in the development environment?

With LWW 4.14, this happens very rarely to me.
I would be interested to know when this happens to you (but maybe
this is more appropriate for the lww mailing list).

Quote:
> Have you specified that the condition system is retained
> (:keep-conditions, which is not in the doc)?

Actually, it's in section 6.3.2. of the Delivery User Guide.

Arthur Lemmens

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LispWorks for Windows delivery
Marcus,

You have two problems here: (a) to find out which symbols are refered to
by the enigmatic #:REA and #:LAT, and (b) to then figure out why a
function which was apparently defined at level 4 ceased to be defined at
level 5.

First things first - see the description in documentation of the
delivery-keyword :symbol-names-action. Its default value (hint: use the
function LW:DELIVER-KEYWORDS to obtain definitive default values) is

     (>= *delivery-level* 5)

Try adding

    :symbol-names-action nil

to your delivery script. This will retain full symbol-names, and with
luck will allow you to proceed with debugging the delivery process.
However, if retaining symbol-names makes the problem go away, but you
still want to shave a bit off the image by expunging symbol-names, then
you should set

    :symbol-names-action :dump

and add an error handler to the delivered image to call the function

    MM::RECOVER-NAME-FROM-FILE

to convert the enigmatic uninterned symbols (or their names) into the
names of the symbols which they originally represented.

- nick

Quote:

> When turning lisp code into stand alone executables I have been
> able to successfully deliver at level 4, which has reduced the
> image size from just over 16M to just under 8M.  Everyting works
> fine.  However, when I go to level 5 I get a message box which
> says

> "Undefined function #:REA called with arguments (#<#:LAT 204B9a14>)."

> I've had a long look through the Delivery manual, but can't figure
> this one out.

> Thanks,

> Marcus.

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting UncommonSQL working in LispWorks on windows

2. Lispworks/Windows creating a DLL

3. LispWorks, How to Hook Into Windows Event Handler

4. ANN: LispWorks (Windows) wrapper for Brill tagger

5. Ilisp and LispWorks on *Windows*

6. LispWorks on Windows

7. Troubles with Windows ME and Lispworks Enterprise 4.1

8. Mailing List for users of LispWorks for Windows

9. Harlequin Lispworks Windows how-to question

10. Lispworks for Windows freezes

11. achieving XOR effect with graphics in Harlequin Lispworks for Windows

12. LispWorks for Windows 4.1 Personal Final Available