I need help
Author Message
 I need help

Hello to all

My name is Markus and I want to learn the Lisp Programming Language. So
can anybody help me?
I have to know where I can download a Lisp Compiler for free and what I
have to do to write a program in Lisp. I mean where I can write a program
in Lisp. Please don't laugh but I'm really a absolutly newcomer.

thanx

Markus

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:25:16 GMT
 I need help

Quote:

> Hello to all

Welcome.

Quote:
> My name is Markus and I want to learn the Lisp Programming Language. So
> can anybody help me?

Probably, but you need to get a book or some other reference to get yourself
started.  If you run into questions, you can raise them here.  If you're
taking a class, be sure to say so when you ask your questions; if you're
learning on your own, identify that, too.  (People don't like doing others'
homework, but they don't mind helping out with legit questions.)

There's help with textbooks at http://www.alu.org/
which is the Association of Lisp Users web page.  A valuable resource.

Quote:
> I have to know where I can download a Lisp Compiler for free and what I
> have to do to write a program in Lisp.

Again, see the ALU web page.

Quote:
> I mean where I can write a program
> in Lisp. Please don't laugh but I'm really a absolutly newcomer.

No one's laughing.  We're happy to see newcomers taking a stab at things.

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:58:13 GMT
 I need help
Hello!

[XP+F'up c.l.lisp without ".x" suffix]

Quote:

>Hello to all
>My name is Markus and I want to learn the Lisp Programming Language. So
>can anybody help me?
>I have to know where I can download a Lisp Compiler for free and what I
>have to do to write a program in Lisp. I mean where I can write a program
>in Lisp. Please don't laugh but I'm really a absolutly newcomer.

See http://www.alu.org and http://www.lisp.org, both for a list
of Lisp implementations (including free ones) as well as tutorials.

Quote:
>thanx
>Markus

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:26:21 GMT

1. Need help launching external non rexx command using VXREXX (VIO support needed) in OS/2

2. Java in VRML code...need help...or need a piano/keyborad.wrl

3. Need help to grok c extension that needs to use callbacks with data

4. HELP - I need help

5. HELP!! Need help with browse window

6. Help Files, Need Help

7. help i need help

8. HELP! NON-PROGRAMMER NEEDS HELP

9. HELP: Need help with Ms-Dos batch lang..

10. I need help........programming help!

11. Need Help How Can Help me

12. Need Help How can Help ?