C header file to language-X transliterator?
Author Message
 C header file to language-X transliterator?

Does anybody know of any programs that will transliterate ANSI C header files
(ie, ".h" files that declare --- but not define --- things) into other languages?
In order to invoke C procedures, and reference C variables, from another language
one typically needs to write some sort of "external declaration" to describe
those procedures and variables in the other language (assuming they can be
described at all in that language).  I'm looking for programs that take a
C header file as input and produce the required external declarations in any of a
variety of languages.  Note that I'm not asking for something that will
generate glue code that will transform the representations into something
more natural for the language in question; that's a harder problem.  Note
also that I'm not being picky about the language in which the transliterator
itself is written.

Please reply by mail to me; I don't follow all of these newsgroups.
I'll post a summary of the responses.

Thanks,
Mike Spreitzer

Tue, 30 Jul 1996 07:10:38 GMT

1. C header file to language-X transliterator?

2. C header file to language-X transliterator?

3. External Header file xlib.h includes internal header file tkIntXlibDecls.h

5. Header file on .exe file?

6. Header file on .exe file?

7. How To: Send header file for Flash object - .SWF file

8. include file - header file

9. APL as First Language for CS

10. BETA primary CS language at University Dortmund (Germany)

11. SURVEY of CS depts. (languages)

12. SURVEY of CS depts. (languages)