Allegro 4.1/4.2 on sunos4.1.3 running sun automounter
Author Message
 Allegro 4.1/4.2 on sunos4.1.3 running sun automounter

We are running allegro CL on SunOS4.1.3_U1 (rev a) with the
Sun automounter. Yep, you've already guessed what the question is!

Has anyone written a workaround to replace the "tmp-mnt-frobber"
function in the system package that actually uses the yp/automount
maps rather than a hard coded "hack" which simply strips away
parts of the directory-pathname (as suggested in franz's faq)?

Any approaches are of interest, running shell commands, lisp
functions or foreign functions.

I am currently attempting to resolve this problem by using a perl
script which does all the work (as I am not a particularly proficient
lisp programmer) but this is pretty inefficient and it has to be
called twice, not to mention the fact I haven't yet managed to
to get it to work when the function that modifies the path
is included in the custom.cl file and the image is rebuilt. I think
this has something to do with my lisp programming so that the
calling function (which uses the list of functions in the *source-
file-frobbers* var) thinks that the pathname I create is different
to the pathname used in the call.

I would be interested in any attempts, results, suggestions whether
they are "I tried and failed" or "I managed it this way" so that
I have some idea of whether or not it is worth me trying. Could you
please email me your responses (and post them as well if you wish)
as I am currently very busy and find little opportunity to read news
at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for any comments you may have,
simon

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 20:26:22 GMT

1. Tk 4.2 (and 4.1) bug (?) on HP-UX

2. Tk 4.1/Tk 4.2 configure bug for Unix

3. problems running fortran-based MCNP code on Decstation running Ultrix 4.2

4. Problems with Allegro CL 4.2

5. Allegro CL 4.2 socket connection

6. Files and directory functions in Allegro CL 4.2

7. Allegro CL 4.2 and *print-length*

8. Compiling series in Allegro 4.2

9. Performance of Allegro Common Lisp 4.2 on Sparc 5 and Sparc 20

10. Inline expansions in Allegro 4.2

11. probe-file of Allegro CL 4.1

12. Allegro CL 4.1 and C++ object files