run-unix-program : question
Author Message
 run-unix-program : question

I have the following lisp question. I am using lucid lisp and i would like to call
the function run-unix-program in order to externaly call the wn (word net) program.
The signature of the call is wn word -synsn. The command run-unix-program eccepts
arguments  as a string. When i type the string "word -synsn" when the call
is executed the space is substituted with a '_' (underscore character) and
as a result the call fails. Does any body know why this happens, any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would be greatly obliged if you could email me directly possible answers since i am
not reading this group and I will summarizw and post if there is interest.
Thank you in advance.
--
Nick Koudas
University of Maryland,

Wed, 01 Jan 1997 03:04:10 GMT

1. Q: UNIX Box Running CW Programs ?

2. How can I compile a clipper program to run on a UNIX machine

3. running unix program from pop11

4. running unix program from pop11 (PS)

5. It runs on Unix but is does not run under Windows 95/NT.

6. unix exit program question

7. Program running Question

8. Question on running a DOS program from OS/2 REXX script

9. A question about saving program running output

10. CMU CL: question about run-program

11. Long running program, by short running expectk

12. program behaves differently when run from expectk than when run from sh