CLISP - web site + pprint
Author Message
 CLISP - web site + pprint

Hi,

I can't get anything from the CLISP web site, so can anyone answer the
following:

- does the latest CLISP have support for ANSI pretty printing?
- if so, where can I get it from?

Thanks,
Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLISP - web site + pprint

    Andrew> - does the latest CLISP have support for ANSI pretty printing?
    Andrew> - if so, where can I get it from?

I'm not sure, but a long time ago, I used{*filter*} Water's XP package for
pretty printing and it worked just fine.  You can find XP at the CMU
Lisp archives ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

Ray

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLISP - web site + pprint

  ac> - does the latest CLISP have support for ANSI pretty printing?

if you mean the FORMAT pretty-printer directives as per CLHS 22.3.5
(such as ~_ / conditional newline) the answer is no; however there is
a pretty printer available as #'PPRINT.

  ac> - if so, where can I get it from?

when a web site is down, you can often access a cached version of its
web pages at google.com. There is a mirror at

   <URL:ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/plan/lisp/clisp/>

--
Eric Marsden

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLISP - web site + pprint

Quote:

writes:

>   ac> - does the latest CLISP have support for ANSI pretty printing?

> if you mean the FORMAT pretty-printer directives as per CLHS 22.3.5
> (such as ~_ / conditional newline) the answer is no; however there is
> a pretty printer available as #'PPRINT.

I meant all the routines like pprint-logical-block (CLHS 22.4.7).  I
hadn't noticed 22.3.5 which looks like a simplified interface to the
same stuff (I only got the hyper spec yesterday - found it on the ACL
Linux demo disk - and have been using ClTl2, which doesn't seem to have
quite as much info in) (I know CLHS is available on the net, but I had
problems downloading it - my employer's machine (NT) is connected to the
net, but I work on a Linux box, and extra CRLF seem to appear in files
as before they get as far as that machine...)

Anyway, I'll have a look at PPRINT.

Cheers,
Andrew
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LLNL Web site / FTP site down

2. New Web Site: The Tcl Plugin How-to Site

3. ANNOUNCE: New Clipper Web Site on World Wide Web

4. Mirrors of CLISP's FTP site

5. CLISP home site moves

6. CLISP FTP site in USA?

7. Alternate site for CLISP?

8. clisp ftp sites?

9. wanted: Emacs integrated CLISP env for NT, *AND* mathematics package for CLISP

10. Intel Secrets Web Site forced to quit some web site activity...

11. displayhook = pprint & _ not happy together

12. pprint-logical-block and non-local exits