testing CL-PDF 0.4
Author Message
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

I've added internal stream compression to cl-pdf
I need to know if the compressed pdf files are still readable

Here they are:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you have kids, give them the last one ;-)

Marc

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:26:25 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:26:25 +0100,

Quote:

> I've added internal stream compression to cl-pdf
> I need to know if the compressed pdf files are still readable

gv and acroread on linux display them perfectly

Quote:
> Here they are:

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex1z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex2z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex3z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex4z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex5z.pdf

> If you have kids, give them the last one ;-)

well... printing it on A4 the bottom and right border
are cut off which makes it ... much easier .-)

s.
--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung, Programmierung, Schulung

shhhh ... I can't hear my code!

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:55:22 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:26:25 +0100,

> > I've added internal stream compression to cl-pdf
> > I need to know if the compressed pdf files are still readable

> gv and acroread on linux display them perfectly

good.

Quote:
> > Here they are:

> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex1z.pdf
> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex2z.pdf
> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex3z.pdf
> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex4z.pdf
> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex5z.pdf

> > If you have kids, give them the last one ;-)

> well... printing it on A4 the bottom and right border
> are cut off which makes it ... much easier .-)

OK, I reduced it a little...

Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:03:24 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:
> I've added internal stream compression to cl-pdf
> I need to know if the compressed pdf files are still readable

> Here they are:

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex1z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex2z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex3z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex4z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex5z.pdf

> If you have kids, give them the last one ;-)

> Marc

w/ NT 4 SP5, reader 5.02, All OK.

--
D. Andreatta
Univ. of S. Carolina

Bruce I:   ... American beer is a little like making love in a canoe!
Bruce III: Making love in a canoe?
Bruce I:   It's f***ing close to water!

--- Monty Python, "The Bruces", Live at the Holliwood Bowl

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:32:45 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4
Thanks for CL-PDF, I could have used it a year ago.  Automatic personalized
newsletter generation from a DB.

Wade

Quote:
> I've added internal stream compression to cl-pdf
> I need to know if the compressed pdf files are still readable

> Here they are:

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex1z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex2z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex3z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex4z.pdf
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex5z.pdf

> If you have kids, give them the last one ;-)

> Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:43:51 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:
> Thanks for CL-PDF, I could have used it a year ago.  Automatic
personalized
> newsletter generation from a DB.

I wrote CL-PDF for this kind of application. I had to generate good quality
reports in a web application.

Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:23:53 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4
Yes, exactly.  In my case they were emailed out but also had to go to a
print shop for snail mailing.

Has anyone done anything on text layout yet?  One of the hardest problems
was text/image layout, with intelligent page breaks, and reducing the total
amount of paper.  Functions where you could see the extent of a word or
paragraph, or document.

There was also the idea to include HTML formatted fragments into the
document.  This would allow experts to submit documents that would be
displayable on the web site and included in newsletters.  The HTML has no
page formatting capabilities like that.

Wade

Quote:

> > Thanks for CL-PDF, I could have used it a year ago.  Automatic
> personalized
> > newsletter generation from a DB.

> I wrote CL-PDF for this kind of application. I had to generate good
quality
> reports in a web application.

> Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:10:34 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:
> Yes, exactly.  In my case they were emailed out but also had to go to a
> print shop for snail mailing.

> Has anyone done anything on text layout yet?  One of the hardest problems
> was text/image layout, with intelligent page breaks, and reducing the
total
> amount of paper.  Functions where you could see the extent of a word or
> paragraph, or document.

It's not that complicated. I've already done this a few years ago for
automatic paper catalog generation. I used Tex like glue and had better
results than PageMaker (I don't even mention the Word thing from M$)

The font width tables are available so it's really easy to write small
text-layout functions.

Volunteers needed!

Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:29:27 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> > Has anyone done anything on text layout yet?  One of the hardest problems
> > was text/image layout, with intelligent page breaks,

Cells can handle that as long as...

Quote:
> The font width tables are available so it's really easy to write small
> text-layout functions.

oh, good.

Quote:

> Volunteers needed!

I am just finishing up a MOP-less version of Cells, after that I'll give
it a go. What's the link to CL-PDF again?

Btw, how are we defining this project? CL-DTP? Should I just dash off
all of Quark XPress this weekend? :)

--

 kenny tilton
 clinisys, inc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:23:06 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> Btw, how are we defining this project? CL-DTP? Should I just dash
> off all of Quark XPress this weekend? :)

:)

Sure. And don't forget to check if InDesign has some functionality you
might want to add... :)

--

Dr. Edmund Weitz
Hamburg

The Common Lisp Cookbook
<http://agharta.de/cookbook/>

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:43:16 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> > Btw, how are we defining this project? CL-DTP? Should I just dash
> > off all of Quark XPress this weekend? :)

> :)

> Sure. And don't forget to check if InDesign has some functionality you
> might want to add... :)

OK, and I am partial to FrameMaker as well.

If the folks who have worked for me see me insisting on a spec they'll
choke, I better Just Do It.... still waiting on the CL-PDF link. Anyone?

kenny
clinisys

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:38:23 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> > > Btw, how are we defining this project? CL-DTP? Should I just dash
> > > off all of Quark XPress this weekend? :)

> > :)

> > Sure. And don't forget to check if InDesign has some functionality you
> > might want to add... :)

> OK, and I am partial to FrameMaker as well.

> If the folks who have worked for me see me insisting on a spec they'll
> choke, I better Just Do It.... still waiting on the CL-PDF link. Anyone?

Here it is :
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-pdf.html

I will release 0.4 in a few minutes...

Marc

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:46:15 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> > Yes, exactly.  In my case they were emailed out but also had to go to a
> > print shop for snail mailing.

> > Has anyone done anything on text layout yet?  One of the hardest problems
> > was text/image layout, with intelligent page breaks, and reducing the
> total
> > amount of paper.  Functions where you could see the extent of a word or
> > paragraph, or document.

> It's not that complicated. I've already done this a few years ago for
> automatic paper catalog generation. I used Tex like glue and had better
> results than PageMaker (I don't even mention the Word thing from M$)

It's sometimes amazing how much easier problems are to solve once
someone has already done it before (TeX consumed how many years of
Knuth's career? I'm so glad he did the work and shared the results).
Having read _TeX: The Program_, it was super-easy for me to make nice
layout in postscript documents generated from a word-processor-ish
application.  It boggles the mind how WP vendors can sleep at night...

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:17:15 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:

> > Has anyone done anything on text layout yet?  One of the hardest problems
> > was text/image layout, with intelligent page breaks, and reducing the
> > total amount of paper.  Functions where you could see the extent of a
> > word or paragraph, or document.
> It's not that complicated. I've already done this a few years ago for
> automatic paper catalog generation. I used Tex like glue and had better
> results than PageMaker (I don't even mention the Word thing from M$)

Hopefully, I'll get to work on LambdaTeX this semester, but it seems
like that is not too likely, due to professors' schedules... Oh well,
one can still dream...

All these features and more are in my grand master-plan for LambdaTeX,
but I have no idea how much time I can devote to it with school
getting in the way... and then I have to get a job. The best laid plan
of mice and men...

--
-> -/-                       - Rahul Jain -                       -\- <-

-> -/- "I never could get the hang of Thursdays." - HHGTTG by DNA -\- <-
|--|--------|--------------|----|-------------|------|---------|-----|-|
   Version 11.423.999.221020101.23.50110101.042
   (c)1996-2002, All rights reserved. Disclaimer available upon request.

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:46:48 GMT
 testing CL-PDF 0.4

Quote:
> I will release 0.4 in a few minutes...

Starting on CL-TeX-to-PDF probably ought to wait until 0.5 gets
released.  I'm sure it can start before you get to version 3.141 :-).

One question: I was browsing bookstore today, and saw indication that
there's a scheme for representing fields that can be filled in by a
user using Acrobat.  Thus, if you have a tax form in PDF form, the
Gentle User could fill in the blanks online, and thus have things
annotated in lovely laser-printed form, rather than (I did this today
with a W-9 form) having to printing it off and writing things in by
hand.

That's a long prelude without a question yet.

In the book I browsed, they had _zero_ details; it was all about "buy
this tool or that from Adobe."  :-(

I don't _see_ support for "user-modifyable fields" in the code base.
Is that something you're aware of?  It would, I'd think, be a _really_
slick idea, and macrology/CLOS could doubtless make it work pretty
intelligently...
--

http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html
The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:02:03 GMT

 [ 27 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

2. CL-PDF: need beta testers for cl-pdf 1.0

3. CL-BibTeX 0.4 released

4. cl-pdf tests

5. CL-PDF the Common Lisp PDF Library 0.2

6. CL-PDF 0.45 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

7. CL-PDF 0.41 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

8. CL-PDF 0.3 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

9. TclDB testing version 0.4

10. Problems using cl-pdf package with cmucl on debian system

11. CL-PDF Release 1.1

12. CL-PDF version 1.1