Lisp abilities question
Author Message
 Lisp abilities question

Quote:
>   I'm somewhat new in the field of Common Lisp programming language.  I have
>done some works with it, but often I run into problems where there are
>no buildin Lisp function to deal with them.  I will list some of them:

Common Lisp has lots of built-in functions for dealing with homogeneous
lists, but not many for dealing with trees.  The only tree functions I can
think of offhand are COPY-TREE, SUBST, and SUBST-IF.  EQUAL could also be
thought of as a tree function.

In general, it doesn't seem common to need to treat all levels of a tree
equivalently.  Each level of a tree usually represents something different.
Your examples look like the kinds of problems that come up in academic
exercises, but not in the real world.
--
Barry Margolin
System Manager, Thinking Machines Corp.

Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:03:19 GMT

1. Question: how would you interview for Prolog ability?

2. know notyhing student of lisp (wanna be) has innitial questions and comments on lisp

3. New to Lisp question: advantages of Lisp syntax?

4. Lisp,LIsp,LISp,LISP...

5. Lisp,LIsp,LISp,LISP...

6. Assessing Someone's Ability To Learn Smalltalk

7. Enhancing "ls -l" file listing abilities

8. Scrolling w/ "Mark" ability

9. Mark ability in a browse box

10. DOS ability

11. DOS ability

12. Reply to postings on cw-talk - Search Ability!