VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)
Author Message
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Hello there,

I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.*-*-*.com/ . It
looks like the site reset its internal IP caches.  So you can vote
again.  Come on, Lisp is a whopping 29.9%, against the distant second
12.1% of C. :)

Looks like the Eiffel crowd got the hang of it as well, but they are
less organized!

I know it's cheating, but what the heck! :)

BTW.  This all thing is a monument to Lisp productivity! Lispers can
solve problems so fast that they have a lot of time to spend taking
stupid polls. :)

Cheers

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~marcoxa

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Quote:

> I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.linuxdev.net.

Why?  Maybe because it's already a pretty worhtless poll?  Don't you
think anyone can be clever enough to do a search on +lisp +(vote OR
poll)?

What puzzles me is why would anyone possibly think it's good and
encourage others to cheat.  Even if the IP check was reset, they may run
a (chances are, Lisp) query on the logs sometime later.

Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their
                        act together and cast their vote. Twice.".

Robert

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Quote:

> Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their act
> together and cast their vote. Twice.".

and together developed a cunning CGI script to do this in Python...

Best Regards,

:) will

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Quote:

> > I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.linuxdev.net.

> Why?  Maybe because it's already a pretty worhtless poll?

I stated so, didn't I?

Quote:
> Don't you
> think anyone can be clever enough to do a search on +lisp +(vote OR
> poll)?

Of course not.

Quote:
> What puzzles me is why would anyone possibly think it's good and
> encourage others to cheat.  Even if the IP check was reset, they may run
> a (chances are, Lisp) query on the logs sometime later.

> Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their
>                         act together and cast their vote. Twice.".

Yeah!  Exactly.  Ain't that fun? :)

Come on.  I am not that seriuos.

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Quote:

> Come on.  I am not that seriuos.

Neither am I - just lost patience when it turned out Lispers outnumbered
C'ers 2:1 :-)

By the way, it's puzzling that they neither had a category for Scheme,
nor they specified "Lisp or Scheme", considering Guile.

Robert

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)

Quote:

> > Come on.  I am not that seriuos.

> Neither am I - just lost patience when it turned out Lispers outnumbered
> C'ers 2:1 :-)

> By the way, it's puzzling that they neither had a category for Scheme,
> nor they specified "Lisp or Scheme", considering Guile.

Scheme is a Lisp

[or you want to go Zen? ("Is Guile a Scheme or a Lisp?") ;->]

--
((( DANGER )) LISP BIGOT (( DANGER )) LISP BIGOT (( DANGER )))

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM
Jaquet-Droz 1                   email: matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                 tel:       +41 (32) 720-5157
Switzerland                       FAX:       +41 (32) 720-5720

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. implicit connection to the chip global set reset (gsr) net

2. TCP/IP protocol and Net::HTTP

3. SDF annotation from ncelab for encryption IP net?

4. BrowserWatch Plugin Vote -- please vote!

5. Tk.Net, GTK.Net, and FOX.Net?

6. synchronous reset/set or asynchronous reset/set

7. Sync reset or async reset?

8. synchronous reset/set or asynchronous reset/set

9. ip vers nom et nom vers ip

10. IP v6 instead of IP v4??

11. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

12. Difference between vectored net and scalared net