cl-pdf tests
Author Message
 cl-pdf tests

I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

Can you check the file below ?
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks,

Marc

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:58:58 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

404 Not Found

--

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:59:51 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> > I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG
support,
> > bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> > like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> > Can you check the file below ?
> > http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> 404 Not Found

I copied it in the wrong directory... Try again ;-)

Marc

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:25:57 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

On Win98 with Acrobat Reader 4.0:
        bookmarks: ok
        internal links: ok
        url links: ok
        pie & bar charts: ok

On Win98 with Ghostscript 6.5 (with GSVIEW32.EXE 3.6):
        bookmarks: don't work
        internal links: don't work
        url links: don't work
        pie & bar charts: ok

Note: I usually only use Ghostscript to view ps files, not pdf files but
the features that don't work on your document also don't work for other
pdf docs that I've tried to view with Ghostscript on Win98.

Looks good!

--
Bill Clementson

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:57:25 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

I don't know whether I saw the JPEG (I did see a logo).

But internal links, uri links, and charts looked fine to me.

Mac OS X 10.1.5.  Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.

I didn't try the Java version of Acrobat Reader:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrviewer/main.html

Or the jPedal PDF extractor:

http://www.jpedal.org/

jim

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:33:11 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> Thanks,

> Marc

On WinNT, acroread 4.0 :   OK!!

On Solaris 7, CDE 1.3 and acroread 3.0:  "There is a problem reading this
document (28)"
bottom left corner shows an empty box on page 1 and 2.   Klicking into the
box reports: "A web browser have not been specified.......etc"  Rest OK!

Impression: very good!!

peter

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:25:58 GMT
 cl-pdf tests
looks fine on Windows 2000, Acrobat Reader 5.0.5

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> Thanks,

> Marc

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:38:31 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

Looks okay with my Acro reader 5.0 on MacOS 9.1, also using the Reader
plug-in with IE 5.0.

I'm assuming the jpeg is your fractal concept logo, which looked fine.
The fractal concept URL linked, and the internal links worked as
advertised.

The only thing that might be a miss on the charts is that the first bar
chart, serie 2 in spring has no bar (38?), and on the second, data 1 in
spring also has no bar (again -- 38?).  I wouldn't know whether that's
what it's supposed to look like, but I thought I'd mention it.

Michael

--
Michael Sullivan
Business Card Express of CT             Thermographers to the Trade

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:56:39 GMT
 cl-pdf tests
Hello!

Quote:

>I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
>bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
>like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.
>Can you check the file below ?
>http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

xpdf 0.93 (OpenBSD 3.1):

Page 1: xpdf displays an error message
"Error (3171): Bad DCT Adobe APP14 marker"

The "fractal concept" logo in the bottom left corner is left blank
(i.e. just a rectangle with a blue border and transparent content).

Both charts look okay.

The "goto page 2" is recognized as internal link.

Page 2: similar thing (fractal concept logo display problem).

The external link on the fractal concept logo is recognized,
but not handled. That's xpdf specific and nothing to worry, though.

ghostscript-7.00-a4:

Everything looks fine, I think. Ghostscript doesn't handle any pdf
links, though, but that's ghostscript's fault.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:50:33 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> Thanks,

Acrobat Reader 5.0 on FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE (via Linux emulation):
  -- JPEG support, OK
  -- Bookmarks, OK
  -- Internal links, OK
  -- URL links, OK
  -- Charts, OK

Regards,
  Richard

--
 Richard Krushelnitskiy   "I know not with what weapons World War III will
 rkrush (at) gmx.net       be fought, but World War IV will be fought with

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:53:09 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> Thanks,

> Marc

Linux Acrobat Reader 4.0 displays it fine.

Linux xpdf has problems (whether they are in xpdf itself or in the PDF file,
who knows?).  On Page 2 the goto page 1 link doesn't work.  The "Fractal
Concept" box at the bottom shows as an empty blue box on page 1, and not at
all on page two.  Xpdf also outputs an error message:

Error (3171): Bad DCT Adobe APP14 marker

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:44:53 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

Thanks to all the testers,
So far it seems to work. The problems reported are more viewer problems
(like JPEG tag not supported or links not implemented) than cl-pdf ones.

More tests in the next days.

BTW I won't have enough time to do much more work on the charts. So
volunteers are needed to have more charts types, options and
presentations...

Marc

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 06:25:05 GMT
 cl-pdf tests
On windows-2000
opened the document inside Mozilla with acrobat reader 5.0:

All features worked perfectly, as expected.
Jpegs appear fine.

Great job!

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:47:03 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

> Thanks,

> Marc

xpdf 1.01 under Linux prints "Error (3171): Bad DCT Adobe APP14 marker"
while going from one page to other. And jpeg file in left bottom corner
is not displayed. All other things seems working fine (nothing happens if
I click on uri, but it might be because I didn't configure xpdf
properly. But that uri is showed in status line when I point on it. So I
think all is OK).

In GV with AFPL GS 7.0 all stuff is viewed fine, except uri and links
 aren't worked (but it is a problem of GS & GV).

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:23:33 GMT
 cl-pdf tests

Quote:

> I'm testing some stuff for the next release of cl-pdf (like JPEG support,
> bookmarks (outlines), internal and url links, simple charts) and I would
> like to know if it's readable by the different pdf readers.

Mac OS X  10.1.5
  Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5    Everything seems to work, including opening
                         the external link into Acrobat itself.
                         Bookmarks work.
  Preview 1.1.1          Displays fine, but no bookmarks or links,
                         but that's Preview's limitation

Solaris 2.6
  Acrobat Reader 4       Everything seems to work.

Quote:
> Can you check the file below ?
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/ex7.pdf

--

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:48:23 GMT

1. CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

2. CL-PDF: need beta testers for cl-pdf 1.0

3. testing CL-PDF 0.4

4. CL-PDF the Common Lisp PDF Library 0.2

5. CL-PDF 0.45 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

6. CL-PDF 0.41 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

7. CL-PDF 0.3 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

8. Problems using cl-pdf package with cmucl on debian system

9. CL-PDF Release 1.1

10. CL-PDF version 1.1

11. CL-PDF Release 1.0

12. cl-pdf meets cells?