AMD64 port for SBCL
Author Message
 AMD64 port for SBCL

For my applications using the Unified Medical Langugage System, the
process space of 32-bit processors is too small. I need a 64-bit CL
implementation. I have proposed a project to port SBCL to the AMD64
architecture. The initial specifications are listed at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

At this point, what is needed is developer time to work on such a
port. I have created a project at http://www.*-*-*.com/ where individuals
and organizations can make a tax-deductible donations to fund this
project. I've already committed an initial $1000 and am willing to
donate more.

Larry Hunter recently posted that he paid $50k to obtain a 64-bit
port. In the overall scope of his project, this was a minor amount. I
think that a similar amount would be reasonable for the SBCL
developers to charge for such a port.

If you would benefit from having a freely available, high-quality CL
implementation, I'd encourage you to consider assisting the funding of
this project.

--
Kevin Rosenberg

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:03:12 GMT

1. SBCL port to NetBSD

2. SBCL 0.8alpha: first prerelease

3. UFFI and CLSQL now support SBCL & OpenMCL

4. more cmucl & sbcl questions

5. SBCL vs. CMUCL

6. SBCL and/or CMUCL

7. SBCL, a new free Common Lisp based on CMU CL

8. Calling SBCL from C with array arguments

9. CMUCL or SBCL on the Mac

10. SBCL core dumps?

11. Portable AMD64 ASM ?

12. Apparently x86-64 in now AMD64