NYC LOCAL: LXNY Meeting Tuesday 4 January 2000: Philip Wadler will speak on XML and Lisp
Author Message
 NYC LOCAL: LXNY Meeting Tuesday 4 January 2000: Philip Wadler will speak on XML and Lisp

Quote:

> Links having to do with this circle of ideas:

Add:

CL-HTTP, the Common Lisp Hypermedia Server
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The latest version (70.23) has an XML parser in
its contrib directory:

CL-XML is written by James Anderson and Benno Biewer.

From its documentation:

  we have implemented a primitive "processor" in common
  lisp for data streams serialized according to the
  "extensible markup language" standard. this document
  provides a cursory introduction to xml, describes the
  implemented parsing/processing mechanism for CLOS-based
  applications, and explains how to use the processor.

  the processor is intended both as an extension to the
  cl-http server and as a stand-alone xml interface. the
  runtime environment is examined during the loading
  process to determine if the if http support is already
  present. if so, then the existing facilities are used
  and server extensions are generated to support xml.if
  cl-http is not present, then these extensions are not
  loaded and only file streams and primtive http streams
  are supported.

  the xml processor reads a marked up data stream to
  produce a document object which binds definition
  information and element content. the respective class
  definitions include support for access to definition
  and content data and for document serialization.

  additional utilities are included to

    instantiate and serialize instances of arbitrary
    specializations of STANDARD-CLASS from and to an xml
    representation.

    offer an element interface to record-oriented data (mcl
    3.*, 4.*; allegro 4.3), thereby offering an uniform
    interface to "ascii" and "binary" data.

  several demonstration files are included, among them an
  example of document and element serialization is
  included which presents documentation for several
  common-lisp data classes (function, generic-function,
  symbol, standard-class) as xml or html, depending on
  the browser capabilities.

Rainer Joswig, ISION Internet AG, Harburger Schlossstra?e 1,
21079 Hamburg, Germany, Tel: +49 40 77175 226

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NYC LOCAL: LXNY Meeting Tuesday 4 January 2000: Philip Wadler will speak on XML and Lisp

>   additional utilities are included to

>     instantiate and serialize instances of arbitrary
>     specializations of STANDARD-CLASS from and to an xml
>     representation.

Did you actually mean specialization of STANDARD-CLASS (class
definition, GF etc.), an intance of it or both?  (It's cool either way.)

Robert

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NYC LOCAL: LXNY Meeting Tuesday 4 January 2000: Philip Wadler will speak on XML and Lisp

2. NYC LOCAL: LXNY Meeting Tuesday 4 January 2000: Philip Wadler will speak on XML and Lisp

3. XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

4. XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

5. XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

6. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 July 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP KNOPPIX ASDF ILC

7. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 July 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP KNOPPIX ASDF ILC

8. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 August 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP and Lisp Outreach Planning

9. NYC ST meeting July 2000