Solving Equations
Author Message
 Solving Equations

Hello!

I'm looking for some functions to solve algebraic equations.
I found a system called "Symbolic Algebra in Lisp". It sould be at
ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/alg.zip, but I couldn't find it there. The

Does anyone know, where I can get this or any other Lisp system for
solving Equation?

Thanks in advance!

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Solving Equations

Quote:

> Does anyone know...any other Lisp system for solving Equation?

There are a number of systems written in Scheme and Common Lisp.
Unfortunately don't have any links to hand :(

Try searching on sci.math.symbolic or c.l.l for something like algebra.
For example: Professor Richard Fateman posted recently about mma.

Also try www.gnu.org for links for maxima (in cl) and jacal (in scheme).
I am sure there lots more out there.

Finally, there is some excellent stuff about algebra systems in
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming (PAIP) by Norvig.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

:) will

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

There's a link to a Mathematica clone at www.alu.org

Jonathan

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Solving Equations

Quote:

> Does anyone know, where I can get this or any other Lisp system for
> solving Equation?

Try  searching for 'maxima' , it is a early version of Macsyma and you
get the lisp source code.

Marc Mertens

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Solving Equations
Thanks a million Will, Jonathan and Marc !!!

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Solving Equations

  Hello!

  I'm looking for some functions to solve algebraic equations.

==========

have a look at

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/misc/
                     mosaic/common/omega/Web/Groups/AI/util/new/

email: marc dot hoffmann at users dot whh dot wau dot nl

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solving equation for a variable

2. Solve equation

3. Solve equation?

4. Solve equation?

5. Solving equation with Monte Carlo simulation

6. Differential Equation Solving Help

7. Solving Coefficients for Non-Linear Equation

8. Solve system of nonlinear equations?

9. Solving model of nonlinear equations

10. solving simultaneous equations

11. solve boolean equation