CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test
Author Message
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp Library to
write PDF files

Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
Please give the viewer and OS version number.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (19k)

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (4k)

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (238k)

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (277k)

Thanks

Marc

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:30:53 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test
+---------------
| Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
| Please give the viewer and OS version number.
| http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex1.pdf (19k)
| http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex2.pdf (4k)
| http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex3.pdf (238k)
| http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf (277k)
+---------------

All four seem to work fine when viewed with Acroread 3.0 (Acrobat reader)
on a MIPS/Irix (SGI) platform. [And, yes, I know I need to upgrade,
but it's nice that Marc's writer works for the older versions, too.]

-Rob

-----

SGI Network Engineering         <http://www.meer.net/~rpw3/>
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.         Phone: 650-933-1673
Mountain View, CA  94043        PP-ASEL-IA

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:16:14 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:30:53 +0100, "Marc Battyani"

Quote:

>I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp Library to
>write PDF files

>Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
>Please give the viewer and OS version number.

Everything perfect with Acrobat 4 and Windows XP Professional, Spanish
version.
Congratulations! :-)

--
Fernando Rodrguez
frr at wanadoo dot es

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:21:16 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test
Hi Marc:

All of the files work ok on

  Adobe Acrobat 4.05 (not the Reader - I don't use the Reader)
  on W2k SP2 running on HP Omnibook 6000 (PIII 650 MHz).

Acrobat identifies the files as "PDF Version 1.3".

Regards,
  Frank

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:02:53 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf

On NT 4, Acrobat Reader 5.01.

1, 2 and 3 work perfectly.
Number 4 works, but there is a warning:
     "Illegal operation 'm' inside a text object"

--
D. Andreatta
Univ. of S. Carolina

Bruce I:   ... American beer is a little like making love in a canoe!
Bruce III: Making love in a canoe?
Bruce I:   It's f***ing close to water!

--- Monty Python, "The Bruces", Live at the Holliwood Bowl

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:42:47 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:
> I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp Library to
> write PDF files

> Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
> Please give the viewer and OS version number.

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex1.pdf (19k)

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex2.pdf (4k)

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex3.pdf (238k)

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf (277k)

Acrobat 5.0.5/WinNT 4 sp6 gives, "Illegal operation 'm' inside a
text object" for each page of ex4.pdf but this file appears
to display correctly. All the others give no errors.

Geoff

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:52:26 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp Library to
> write PDF files

> Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
> Please give the viewer and OS version number.

OS: Win2k Sp2
Viewer: Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05c used as pluging
of M$ Internet Explorer 5.0

Did you generated these files only with CL +
CL-PDF or are they translations of something?.

HTH

--

Eduardo Mu?oz

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:59:44 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> > I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp Library
> > write PDF files

> > Could you test these files and post to c.l.l or email me if they work.
> > Please give the viewer and OS version number.

> OS: Win2k Sp2
> Viewer: Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05c used as pluging
> of M$ Internet Explorer 5.0

> Did you generated these files only with CL +
> CL-PDF or are they translations of something?.

It's only CL + CL-PDF

The first one is made by this:

(pdf:with-document ()
    (pdf:with-page ()
      (let ((helvetica (make-instance 'pdf:font)))
 (pdf:add-fonts-to-page helvetica)
 (pdf:in-text-mode
  (pdf:set-font helvetica 36.0)
  (pdf:move-text 100 800)
  (pdf:draw-text "cl-pdf: Example 1"))
 (pdf:translate 230 500)
 (loop repeat 101
       for i = 0.67 then (* i 1.045)
       do (pdf:in-text-mode
    (pdf:set-font helvetica i)
    (pdf:move-text (* i 3) 0)
    (pdf:draw-text "rotation"))
       (pdf:rotate 18))))
    (pdf:write-document #P"ex1.pdf"))

Marc

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:36:15 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex1.pdf (19k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex2.pdf (4k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex3.pdf (238k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf (277k)

All appear very nicely under acroread4.06/Linux running in FreeBSD's
linux emulator mode.  Of course. :)

Eric

--
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to

        Bill Gates, The Road Ahead, Viking Penguin (1995), page 265

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:38:26 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> Number 4 works, but there is a warning:
>      "Illegal operation 'm' inside a text object"

m is a path construction operator that is not allowed inside text
objects.  See page 122 of PDF 1.3 spec available from:

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/technotes/acrobatpdf.html

In other words, you cannot call FRACTAL while IN-TEXT-MODE.

SY, Uwe
--

http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:14:15 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> > Number 4 works, but there is a warning:
> >      "Illegal operation 'm' inside a text object"

> m is a path construction operator that is not allowed inside text
> objects.  See page 122 of PDF 1.3 spec available from:

> http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/technotes/acrobatpdf.html

> In other words, you cannot call FRACTAL while IN-TEXT-MODE.

You are right. I should have closed the in-text before the graphics stuff.
I've corrected it now.
People who had problems with ex4.pdf should try it again:

http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf  (277k)

Marc

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:18:36 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

I could view all the examples with Ghostscript 7.03 on a Win2k
machine...
...but example 1 gave me a headache when I looked at it too long. Oh
well...

Quote:
> I've just finished a first pre-release of CL-PDF the Common Lisp
Library to
> write PDF files

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:52:24 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:

> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex1.pdf (19k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex2.pdf (4k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex3.pdf (238k)
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf (277k)

All of these look fine when viewed using xpdf version 0.93.

--
Peter

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:09:08 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Quote:
>> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex1.pdf (19k)
>> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex2.pdf (4k)
>> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex3.pdf (238k)
>> http://www.fractalconcept.com/fcweb/download/ex4.pdf (277k)

     All of these looked fine when viewed using Preview, the deafult
     viewer in Mac OS X 10.1.

|                       University of Northern Iowa                       |

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:31:26 GMT
 CL-PDF (Common Lisp PDF library) beta test

Looks good with Acroread 4.0 on Linux RH 6.2

Congratulations.

NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group        tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
New York, NY 10003, USA                 http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:26:37 GMT

1. CL-PDF the Common Lisp PDF Library 0.2

2. CL-PDF 0.45 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

3. CL-PDF 0.41 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

4. CL-PDF 0.3 (The Common Lisp PDF Library)

5. CL-PDF: need beta testers for cl-pdf 1.0

6. cl-pdf tests

7. testing CL-PDF 0.4

8. Eiffel library for producing PDF beta 1

9. Common Lisp, the Langauge in PDF form?

10. Search some String in PDF with PDF.OCX

11. Appendix.pdf - Appendix.pdf (0/6)

12. extract info from pdf doc,PDF to XML, HTML