CMUCL memeory requirements
Author Message
 CMUCL memeory requirements

I am trying to execute the lisp core image from
www2.cons.org:8000/ftp-area/cmucl/experimental/
called cmucl-x86.linux.thread.tgz on Mandrake 6.1.
It reports:
-------------------------------

mmap: Cannot allocate memory
ensure_space: Failed to validate 268431360 bytes at 0x10000000

---------------------------
Does it really expect 268Meg of real memory to be available?
Is there a way around this when i only have 64 Meg?

Thanks,
Bill

Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CMUCL memeory requirements
Quote:

> I am trying to execute the lisp core image from
> www2.cons.org:8000/ftp-area/cmucl/experimental/
> called cmucl-x86.linux.thread.tgz on Mandrake 6.1.
> It reports:

[snip overcommit memory failed msg]

Quote:
> Does it really expect 268Meg of real memory to be available?
> Is there a way around this when i only have 64 Meg?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/overcommit_memory

You need to be root to do this.  (I hope I got the location of the
parameter correct; I am not at my own machine right now.)

Rudi

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CMUCL memeory requirements

Quote:

>[snip overcommit memory failed msg]
>> Does it really expect 268Meg of real memory to be available?
>> Is there a way around this when i only have 64 Meg?

>echo 1 > /proc/sys/overcommit_memory

>You need to be root to do this.  (I hope I got the location of the
>parameter correct; I am not at my own machine right now.)

Almost.  /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory is the correct path.

--

               Computer Science at Abo Akademi University              --

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. (VSE) - Memeory, who is using what...

2. conventional memeory exhausted in windows - xp

3. newbie help memeory pointer

4. Memeory types in pmode.

5. same memeory, different name

6. one Dll allocates memeory but other do not

7. Dolphin plugin memory requirements

8. what are the requirements? [Re: XP Boundaries]

9. Assembler job requirements (was sence)

10. Pictorial tools for requirements gathering

11. Minimum requirements for install

12. Server System Requirements Question