Internet Lambda Calculus resources?
Author Message
 Internet Lambda Calculus resources?

   Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
only group I could find even remotely related.

B.B.       --I am not a goat!

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Lambda Calculus resources?

Quote:

>    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
> explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
> only group I could find even remotely related.

A search at AltaVista for

   ("lambda calculus" near introduction) and alonzo

turned up several promising matches.  But a brief look at

 http://dworkin.wustl.edu/~kenw/cs455/f96/links/func-prog2.txt

suggests that it's got the info you want.  It's somewhat spartan
in its verbiage--if you need a lot of extra explanatory stuff, you
may need to pad from something else.  But I'd start here because at
a glance it seems to cover all the standard material in a very
clear way.  I'm bookmarking it myself for future reference.

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Lambda Calculus resources?

Quote:

> >    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
> > explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
> > only group I could find even remotely related.

comp.lang.functional is also promising.

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Lambda Calculus resources?

Quote:

>> >    Are there any pages on the internet where I can see a good introductory
>> > explanation of Lambda Calculus.  Sorry for asking here, but this is the
>> > only group I could find even remotely related.

>comp.lang.functional is also promising.

   I thank both of you.  Very much.
   Now, off to c.l.f!

B.B.       --I am not a goat!

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lambda Calculus Question

2. lambda calculus implementation

3. Introduction to lambda calculus ?

4. Lambda Calculus Problem!

5. Negativism and division in lambda-calculus

6. Lambda calculus + Church numerals

7. Typed lambda calculus, recursion and halting

8. lambda calculus: delta rules

9. Need help on Lambda calculus reduction please.

10. Q: reduction strategies in lambda calculus

11. Lambda-Calculus

12. Introduction to Lambda Calculus