Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Author Message
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
information, please see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Greg Morrisett

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>information, please see:

>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
span that was possible for my schedule.

Dan.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:45:15 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Hello!

Quote:

>>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>>information, please see:
>>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/
>Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
>span that was possible for my schedule.

Me too.

Last year, I could only do the quick thing (one day), but that failed
because I had no compiler generating i386/Linux static binaries
(OpenBSD/i386 would have worked incl. static) and couldn't setup
one in the given time (not even the regular time).

This year, I'm away from in a few minutes till one week later.

Too bad... Especially after two years ago, my entry did perform
quite well even if I didn't spend too much time on it and it
wasn't *too* sophisticated.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
world :-)

For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

-Greg Morrisett

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
> world :-)

One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

-kzm

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:28:14 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE

http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
>> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
>> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
>> world :-)

>One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

Probably because this year's project was too big for a decent 24 hour
implemention? (Just my guess...)

--

http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org
It was starting to rain on the night that they cried forever,

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

No good reason.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Yes, the Cornell web site for the contest (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp)
has been flaky due to a bad switch.  It's been going up and down.  We've
got a psuedo mirror going at Bell Labs:

  http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/jhr/icfp

in case you can't get to the Cornell web site.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?>> No good reason.>>
-Greg>> I just downloaded ngws (.NET)
fromhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...
/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xmlyou need W2K, IE 5.5,  and fast
connection (to get 86MB).lightning is so small, and .NET is sooo big -
interesting combinationAnes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?>> No good reason.>>
> -Greg>> I just downloaded ngws (.NET)
> fromhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...
> /msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xmlyou need W2K, IE 5.5,  and fast
> connection (to get 86MB).lightning is so small, and .NET is sooo big -
> interesting combinationAnes

Bless you  (and all over my computer screen, too)!

-kzm

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:10:14 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

in

question,
> though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?>> No good
reason.>>
> -Greg>> I just downloaded ngws (.NET)
> fromhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?

URL=/code/sample.asp?url=

Quote:
> /msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xmlyou need W2K, IE 5.5,
and fast
> connection (to get 86MB).lightning is so small, and .NET is sooo big -
> interesting combinationAnes

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

When Ketil asked the question about a "Lightning" category he was
talking about the ICFP contest, not "Lightning Oberon".  I know it's
a little confusing since this thread is running in several different
newsgroups.  The Lightning ICFP category is (if I'm not mistaken)
finishing the contest in 24 hours instead of the normal time (96?).
Lightning Oberon (for those of you reading this from a newsgroup
other than comp.lang.oberon) is the new Oberon-derived language that
runs on the Microsoft .NET platform (which required Windows 2000).

So asadik, how do you like LO so far?  Have you tried mixing it
with C# or VB 7 yet?

--
Guns don't kill people...bullets do.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> > One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

> No good reason.

> -Greg

This quite annoyed me. I wasn't willing to spent 3 days on this, but
was quite willing to spend <24 hours. I'm sure a number of other
hackers felt the same way.  Are you sure this just wasn't an attep to
keep Lennart down :)?

Cheers,
Julian.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

2. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

3. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

4. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

5. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

6. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

7. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

8. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

9. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

10. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

11. Contest Registration (was: Re: ICFP Programming Contest (ii))

12. ICFP Programming Contest (i)