CLISP stack problems under windows
Author Message
 CLISP stack problems under windows

Hi there,
I'm trying to port/run a CLISP application under windows. My
application was developed on CLISP under linux. I need to set it up
under windows.

For this I'm using CLISP for windows (version dated 1997-09-19). It
was compiled and set up under cygus wygwin.  (windows 2000)

I start clisp
lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem -m 64M

64 seems to be the max I can set.

However when I try to load some models etc it crashes saying
*** - Program stack overflow. RESET
*** - handle_fault error1 !
SIGSEGV cannot be ured. Fault address = 0x99037128

I've read a number of postings/articles regarding this error on the
sourforge page for clisp and on the newsgroups.
The impressions I've had were
1. The segmentation fault is currently a bug in clisp which is yet to
be fixed (for win)
2. THere are some workarounds
      i. the -m option = I've tried this to no avail.
      ii. Increasing the program stack size - I can't do this without
binedit.exe. (Should I try this)
      iii. I can increase stack size by recomiling clisp with a larger
memory image???? (i'm currently trying to download the various
packages for cygwin to make/compile clisp again :) ).

Any inputs would be appreciated.

thanks

-BR

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 03:15:21 GMT
 CLISP stack problems under windows

Quote:

> * On the subject of "CLISP stack problems under windows"
> * Sent on 17 Feb 2003 11:15:21 -0800

> For this I'm using CLISP for windows (version dated 1997-09-19)

this version is 5.5 years old.
please try a newer version from http://clisp.cons.org

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 07:08:49 GMT

1. Windows 2000 window stacking (layering) problem

2. Stack overflow problem but increasing stack size does not solve the problem

3. Problem: Clisp .vs. Windows

4. Program stack overflow in CLISP

5. catch stack overflow in clisp

6. CLISP stack overflow

7. ST/V Windows (16bit) stack overflow problem

8. MS-Windows stacking order problem

9. HELP:Stacking windows with a 'olwm'-windows manager

10. wanted: Emacs integrated CLISP env for NT, *AND* mathematics package for CLISP

11. beginners question about xemacs on windows, ilisp and clisp configuration

12. CLISP: gnu readline in windows?