CORBA specification/implementation available? ILU okay?
Author Message
 CORBA specification/implementation available? ILU okay?

Hi, I'm looking for a freely available CORBA
specification/implementation for Common LISP.  Has someone done an
implementation that's shareable?

I'm aware that both Franz and Harlequin have ORBs (and Harlequin has
published their CORBA specification on the web).  But their prices for
their ORBs are a bit steep for an individual developer doing
exploratory programming on multiple operating systems (whereas TAO is
free but doesn't have a LISP binding).

Those experienced with ILU and with IDL -- can I implement IDL
interfaces in Common LISP using ILU?

Thanks
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CORBA specification/implementation available? ILU okay?

Quote:

> Hi, I'm looking for a freely available CORBA
> specification/implementation for Common LISP.  Has someone done an
> implementation that's shareable?

Lennart Staflin's CORBA page
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/corba/

Are there other implementations?  And what about CORBA and
multithreading?  I assume Franz's and Harlequin's implementations
support multithreading, but others?

Yours,
Clemens -- also interested in the subject
--
Clemens Heitzinger
http://ag.or.at:8000/~clemens   (Lisp related material)

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CORBA specification/implementation available? ILU okay?

Quote:

> Those experienced with ILU and with IDL -- can I implement IDL
> interfaces in Common LISP using ILU?

Yes.

Joachim

--

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free CORBA ORB for Python -- ILU 2.0alpha10

2. MacScheme 1.5 -- is this implementation okay?

3. Okay, okay.

4. ILU 2.0a12, Python 1.5.1, COM and ilu.RunMainLoop

5. New ILU 1.8 Common Lisp support available

6. ILU + Python tutorial now available

7. ILU 1.8 now available

8. ILU 2.0alpha14 available for download

9. New ILU 1.8 Common Lisp support available

10. ILU 2.0alpha13 available - Guile Scheme ORB

11. ILU 2.0alpha14 available for download

12. ILU 2.0alpha12 available