KCL for PMAX, misc KCL tips and queries
Author Message
 KCL for PMAX, misc KCL tips and queries

I need KCL (preferrably AKCL, but any will do) for the DECstation 3100.
Wright State University was supposedly doing a port.  If any of the
implementors there read this list, please mail to me at:

If anyone has any knowledge of this beast, please do drop me a brief note,
any pointers appreciated.  I need it badly, but I don't want to start a
port unless I have to, time being what it is.

Also: to those of you having trouble getting CLX going under KCL:
The port numbers in socket.c are off by 6000.  Reduce them appropriately,
and everything works (except the (zoid-test "host"), which is very
annoying).

Has ANYONE made PCL to work under KCL?  Victoria Day PCL won't
bootstrap-meta-braid for me in braid1.lisp.  SLOTD is supposedly
undefined, but CLASS is no sweat.

I made it compile once by screwing around with the stepper during the
eval-when (compile) of bootstrap-meta-braid, but I can't seem to
find the right incantations this time. -- Perhaps it was the brassiere
I wore on my head at the time.  Anyhow, I have one saved image with
PCL loaded which works fine, but it has a symbol '_init_code' defined
which conflicts with compiled objects for CLX, hence I can't get
both PCL and CLX loaded simulatneously, as is required for CLUE.
Any ideas, pointers, etc., appreciated.

When I get the whole business building cleanly, I shall post diffs
from the distribution sources so that no one else need go through all
this horse pucky.  (By the way, I'm using a Sun-4/280 for all this.)

anthony l kimball
u of mn dept of physiology neural network modelling project

Fri, 19 Mar 1993 19:58:00 GMT

1. mma under kcl: how?

2. AKCL or KCL available for SunBlade?

3. KCL Lisp & Files

4. gcl/kcl and CLX question

5. Install kcl in Linux

6. System calls and Pipe (KCL)

7. oops.. opening a telnet with KCL

8. KCL/AKCL - Where to find?

9. Wanted: multitasking programming using KCL in UNIX

10. KCL/SUN bug list

11. calling C from lisp (KCL)

12. KCL port to Solaris 2.3?