Allegro CL/PC version 2.0 -- New Features
Author Message
 Allegro CL/PC version 2.0 -- New Features

I have version 1.0 and am considering upgrading.
What are the new features and/or improvements that 2.0 will offer.

I got some litterature from the company but it wasn't very specific
at all.

When will it be officially available?

Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:39:44 GMT
 Allegro CL/PC version 2.0 -- New Features

   I have version 1.0 and am considering upgrading.
   What are the new features and/or improvements that 2.0 will offer.

I thought this would be of general interest:

  Allegro CL for Windows version 2.0 is, like 1.0 a full-featured Common Lisp
  supporting CLOS, a 32 bit native compiler, and extensive Windows support
  including a high level Graphics API (Common Graphics).

  2.0 differs from 1.0 in that it:

  (1) has an interactive Interface Builder
  (2) has CLOS class and method browsers
  (3) has source code available for the Common Graphics interface and
      the Interface Builder
  (4) has numerous bugfixes and is much more stable than 1.0
  (5) has additional example code, including a sample DDE interface
  (6) runs under NT

  Franz also intends to make an available an interface between WinEmacs from
  Pearl Software (a port of Gnu Emacs 19.6, an Emacs with window and mouse
  support) to support more powerful editing.  This interface will be
  available soon.

  Jim Veitch,
  Franz Inc.

--
Kevin Layer, Franz Inc.         1995 University Avenue, Suite 275

Phone: (510) 548-3600           FAX: (510) 548-8253

Sat, 25 Jan 1997 03:42:53 GMT
 Allegro CL/PC version 2.0 -- New Features

Quote:

>   I have version 1.0 and am considering upgrading.
>   What are the new features and/or improvements that 2.0 will offer.

>I thought this would be of general interest:

>  Allegro CL for Windows version 2.0 is, like 1.0 a full-featured Common Lisp
>  supporting CLOS, a 32 bit native compiler, and extensive Windows support
>  including a high level Graphics API (Common Graphics).

I have heard that there will be two versions, "standard" and
"professional".  Perhaps you could say something about that.

--

RedRock, 135 Evans Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6S 3V9
(416) 760-0565

Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:43:55 GMT
 Allegro CL/PC version 2.0 -- New Features

Quote:
> >I thought this would be of general interest:

> >  Allegro CL for Windows version 2.0 is, like 1.0 a full-featured Common Lisp
> >  supporting CLOS, a 32 bit native compiler, and extensive Windows support
> >  including a high level Graphics API (Common Graphics).

> I have heard that there will be two versions, "standard" and
> "professional".  Perhaps you could say something about that.

Yes, there are two versions:

Professional Allegro CL for Windows (for $995) includes royalty free
runtime delivery as well as all the features previously described
(interface builder, source code, etc.).  All people purchasing the
$200 upgrade from 1.0 get the Professional Version.

Standard (for $595) excludes royalty free runtime delivery option and
source code, but is otherwise identical.

Franz Inc., (510) 548-3600

Sun, 26 Jan 1997 03:09:28 GMT

1. defsystem for allegro cl/pc 2.0

2. Mem requirements for Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows

3. Allegro CL PC

4. Allegro CL PC + MSVC++

5. defsystem/public domain sw for Allegro CL/PC

6. Questions on ALLEGRO CL\PC 1.0

7. Experiences with Allegro CL\PC?

8. Allegro CL/PC and midi

9. Wanted: Coupon for Allegro CL/PC

10. Experiences with Allegro CL/PC

11. Franz announces a limited FREE version of Allegro CL

12. Latest Version of Allegro CL for Mac?