portable assembler and loader
Author Message
 portable assembler and loader

The paper "A Portable LISP Compiler" (Software--Practice & Experience, Vol 11,
1981) by Martin Griss & Anthony Hearn refers to a paper on a portable lisp
assembler and loader by I. B. Frick as "in preparation."  The title was said
to be "A portable loader and fast loader for Standard LISP" although they might
have meant "A portable assembler ...".

I haven't been able to find this paper.  Was it ever published?

(I had looked for it a few years ago and then forgotten it when I couldn't find
it. I was reminded of it a couple of weeks ago when someone mentioned it on
comp.arch during a discussion of portable intermediate languages.)

 -- Doug Quale

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 08:20:00 GMT
 portable assembler and loader

   The paper "A Portable LISP Compiler" (Software--Practice &
   Experience, Vol 11, 1981) by Martin Griss & Anthony Hearn refers to
   a paper on a portable lisp assembler and loader by I. B. Frick as
   "in preparation."  The title was said to be "A portable loader and
   fast loader for Standard LISP" although they might have meant "A
   portable assembler ...".

   I haven't been able to find this paper.  Was it ever published?

   (I had looked for it a few years ago and then forgotten it when I
   couldn't find it. I was reminded of it a couple of weeks ago when
   someone mentioned it on comp.arch during a discussion of portable
   intermediate languages.)

The paper mentioned was never published. As I was reminded about it
I might actually publish something. There was a (semi-) portable assembler
involved but I am not to happy about the portability of the code so I will
probably just make a short note with the general ideas and the format of
the loader.

Inge Frick                                Tel: +46 8 7908193
Postal address: Inge Frick, NADA, KTH, S-100 44  Stockholm, Sweden

--
Inge Frick                                Tel: +46 8 7908193
Postal address: Inge Frick, NADA, KTH, S-100 44  Stockholm, Sweden

Fri, 19 Mar 1993 13:46:00 GMT

1. C is NOT a portable assembler (was: want to know)

2. Fantastic, portable assembler.

3. VRML Loaders: NCSA, Sun Loader, Sun Fly Through, 'New' X3d/VRML Loaders

4. Assembler Beginner?two pass assembler design for IBM 360

5. Syntax analysis of 68883 assembler and 8096 assembler

6. Assembler Compiler / Assembler Tutorial

7. Free TMA macro assembler assembler project

8. GUIDA ASSEMBLER VGA - VGA ASSEMBLER GUIDE

9. Public domain assemblers/in-line assemblers

10. reverse assembler/dis-assembler ???

11. VRML Loaders: Sun's Fly Trough Demo Source IS available, NCSA, & better Loaders.

12. Speaking of small loaders