Win32::Shell-execute
Author Message
 Win32::Shell-execute

Well,finally i have found the command that execute a aplication in the
Dos-shell on Windows NT,
using LispWorks Harlequin, but ive a problem, ive search in all
printable and html documentation for this
function and i find nothing.. I dont Know its argumentes.

the only i know is that things like this, go Ok:

      (win32::shell-execute "netscape")

can someone help me?,where can i search for it?
waiting your answers have a good day!! :-)

Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:21:47 GMT
 Win32::Shell-execute

Quote:

> the only i know is that things like this, go Ok:

>       (win32::shell-execute "netscape")

This call is in error - the lambda list of win32::shell-execute is

(WIN32::WND WIN32::LP-OPERATION WIN32::LP-FILE WIN32::LP-PARAMETERS
  WIN32::LP-DIRECTORY WIN32::N-SHOW-CMD)

and it is a link into the win32 function ShellExecute (There was no
error checking to tell you that you'd submitted bad arguments).

Quote:
> can someone help me?,where can i search for it?
> waiting your answers have a good day!! :-)

You may want to use open-pipe or sys:call-system-showing-output

(let ((st (sys:open-pipe "dir")))
        (loop for line = (read-line st nil nil)
              while line
              do (print line)))

(sys:call-system-showing-output
        "c:\\winnt\\system32\\cmd.exe /C dir")

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:15:33 GMT

1. How do I execute a shell command and capture the standard output

2. Can I execute shell commands from awk?

3. execute shell command and store output

4. executing shell script

5. executing Shell commands

6. Help: Executing shell commands under OS X PB.

7. executing a shell command within AWK

8. Execute a shell file (.sh)

9. Shell Execute Schedule Module

10. HELP - Shell Execute