temporary files in Common Lisp
Author Message
 temporary files in Common Lisp

Quote:

>Is there some standard way of making temporary files?  I miss the
>simplicity of /bin/sh's
>  tempfile=/tmp/myprog$$

No, there's no standard function, like C's mktemp().  You can write
something using a loop that calls OPEN with :IF-EXISTS :ERROR, incrementing
a number in the file name.
--
Barry Margolin
System Manager, Thinking Machines Corp.

Fri, 02 Aug 1996 11:09:25 GMT

1. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

2. How to load a lisp file in Allegro Common Lisp

3. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

4. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary

5. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp

6. Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp

7. New Common Lisp, Lisp-to-C translation, Lisp library for C

8. How to load a batch of files in common-lisp

9. Binary file io in standard common lisp

10. Reading a sequence of (characters|bytes) from a file in Common Lisp

11. Reading Large Data Files with Kyoto Common Lisp

12. File I/O in Common Lisp