Seeking GCL for {MacOS, Solaris(PC), Windows(PC)}
Author Message
 Seeking GCL for {MacOS, Solaris(PC), Windows(PC)}

I've just checked the FAQ file for Lisp implementations, and
couldn't find what I'm looking for.  So I wonder if anyone knows
if it may be available, even though it wasn't mentioned in the
FAQ?

I'm looking for GCL for Mac and PC.  In the FAQ, GCL is only
listed for Macintosh with A/UX.  And I didn't see any mention
of GCL for PC/Windows.

I'm TA-ing an AI course, and would like to be able to tell
students where they can get GCL for their own machines.  It looks
like most of them will be out of luck for GCL and will have to
settle for some other Common Lisp than the one they run on
campus.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David Finton

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Seeking GCL for {MacOS, Solaris(PC), Windows(PC)}

Quote:

> I'm looking for GCL for Mac and PC.  In the FAQ, GCL is only
> listed for Macintosh with A/UX.  And I didn't see any mention
> of GCL for PC/Windows.

> I'm TA-ing an AI course, and would like to be able to tell
> students where they can get GCL for their own machines.  It looks
> like most of them will be out of luck for GCL and will have to
> settle for some other Common Lisp than the one they run on
> campus.  Any suggestions?

I've not seen a MacOS GCL.  The closest suggestions I can offer are
PowerLisp ($50 shareware) and XLISP-PLUS (free.)

http://www.crl.com/~rgcorman/PowerLisp/PowerLisp.html
http://www.teleport.com/~almy/xlisp.html

--
Dave Lamkins, http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/
CPU Cycles: Use them now, or lose them forever...

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. NETSCAPE PLUGIN AVAILABLE FOR SOLARIS 2.x, WINDOWS NT, WINDOWS 95 and MacOS

2. Running x86 Linux GNAT on MacOS under Virtual PC

3. Graphics on PC using GCL LISP?

4. Offsubject: help sought per PC base 3480/3490 tape drives

5. Seeking advice for purchasing Cobol personal Compiler for PC

6. seeking pc Cobol compiler

7. Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

8. VW: N-PC, V-PC

9. APP runs on one PC but not another PC

10. APP runs on one PC but not another PC

11. Need a PC@ and PC! for Win32Forth