Definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms
Author Message
 Definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

hi

   I am seeking help in coming up with formal definitions for symbolic
learning and subsymbolic algorithms.
   As I understood, the learning process for subsymbolic algorithms progress
as the strength of atoms (weigths) slowly shifts in response to observation
(testing). The information is encoded into weights.
   As for symbolic learnig, a new rules or schemas are created whenever
something "new" appear that is not in the class or rules. New rules or shcemas
created as the learning progress.
   Please give me some help a simple and precise definitions for the
subsymbolic and symbolic learnign algorithms.

Thanks.

William Lim

Fri, 20 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

2. definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

3. definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

4. OT: Algorithms for symbolic differentiation?

5. Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

6. Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

7. Discoverb 0.1: learn foreign words and definitions

8. Machine Learning and Neural Network Algorithm

9. AQ-type learning algorithm anyone?

10. Query on macro definitions within macro definitions within...

11. Converting recursive algorithms to tail recursive algorithms...???

12. Learning How to Learn