Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp
Author Message
 Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp

Does anybody have experience with Allegro Common Lisp on the Sun 4? We would
especially like to know about its advantages and disadvantages in comparison
to Sun Common Lisp (Lucid) with the Symbolic Programming Environment, and
vice versa.

The following aspects are of particular interest to us:

-- usability and comfort of the environment, esp. the de{*filter*}

-- performance

-- interface to C and UNIX, esp. possibility to call C routines from LISP,
     and vice versa

-- interface to suntools, esp. SunView, and OpenWindows (X)

-- does the compiler conform to the same semantics as the interpreter?

-- bugs

Please reply directly to the following address:

    Thanks a lot in advance!

Thorsten von Stein -- Carsten Schroeder
Universitaet Hamburg, Fachbereich Informatik,
Bodenstedtstrasse 16, D-2000 Hamburg 50, Fed. Rep. Germany

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 09:17:00 GMT

1. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary

2. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp

3. How to load a lisp file in Allegro Common Lisp

4. Comparison Allegro Lisp <-> Delphi Common Lisp

5. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

6. Lucid Common Lisp vs Allegro

7. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

8. LISP vs Common LISP

9. Replace fn: Franz lisp vs. Common Lisp

10. Sun Common Lisp: Is Sun dropping support?

11. New Common Lisp, Lisp-to-C translation, Lisp library for C

12. OpenGL/Mesa bindings for Allegro Common Lisp