Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?
Author Message
 Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?

Can anyone recommend a good text editor with Lisp/Scheme syntax
awareness for Mac OSX? I would use Emacs except the OSX
implementations are a bit unfinished at this point. Also I can't seem
to find a BBEdit plugin for Lisp...

Thanks,
Dan Maas

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:11:47 GMT
 Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?

Quote:

> Can anyone recommend a good text editor with Lisp/Scheme syntax
> awareness for Mac OSX? I would use Emacs except the OSX
> implementations are a bit unfinished at this point. Also I can't seem
> to find a BBEdit plugin for Lisp...

Carbon Emacs seems pretty stable, and I regularly use X11 Emacs
(although I'm sure this would be suboptimal for people who didn't come
from Unix).

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:28:52 GMT
 Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?

Quote:
> Can anyone recommend a good text editor with Lisp/Scheme syntax
> awareness for Mac OSX? I would use Emacs except the OSX
> implementations are a bit unfinished at this point. Also I can't seem
> to find a BBEdit plugin for Lisp...

> Thanks,
> Dan Maas

Have you looked here for Emacs under Mac OS X:
http://www.mindlube.com/products/emacs/index.html

If commercial Lisp systems are not out of your reach:
Macintosh Common Lisp (in public beta) and
Xanalys LispWorks (in beta). Both have integrated
editors.

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:16:08 GMT
 Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?
If your looking for Scheme, Dr. Scheme runs very well under Aqua.

--
John Fraser

Quote:

> > Can anyone recommend a good text editor with Lisp/Scheme syntax
> > awareness for Mac OSX? I would use Emacs except the OSX
> > implementations are a bit unfinished at this point. Also I can't seem
> > to find a BBEdit plugin for Lisp...

> > Thanks,
> > Dan Maas

> Have you looked here for Emacs under Mac OS X:
> http://www.mindlube.com/products/emacs/index.html

> If commercial Lisp systems are not out of your reach:
> Macintosh Common Lisp (in public beta) and
> Xanalys LispWorks (in beta). Both have integrated
> editors.

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:54:18 GMT
 Lisp-aware text editor for Mac OSX?
[Dan Maas]

| Can anyone recommend a good text editor with Lisp/Scheme syntax
| awareness for Mac OSX? I would use Emacs except the OSX
| implementations are a bit unfinished at this point.

that's not my experience.  the current Emacs from CVS both builds and
runs beautifully on MacOS X.  as of ... a weak ago, GNU Emacs 21.3 is
the current release, which is the first official release with MacOS X
support.

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:45:22 GMT

1. Rexx aware text editors.

2. Will Common-Lisp run on Mac OSX? (newbie)

3. Smalltalk/V Mac Text editor commands

4. Decent Windows Text Editor for Lisp

5. Looking for a Java text editor understanding Lisp syntax

6. Looking for a Text editor for LISP

7. Decent Windows Text Editor for Lisp

8. Emacs-like, Fortran-aware editor for Windows

9. tcl/tk aware editors for win95

10. XP Manifest Be Aware CPCS/Text Overflow

11. Multi-User Database application (max 5 users) Cross platform Mac OS9 - OSX - Windows

12. REXX for MAC OSX - Any Available?