Anyone ported Tierny's XLISP-STAT to CLISP?
Author Message
 Anyone ported Tierny's XLISP-STAT to CLISP?

Hi,

I've started programming in Common LISP using PowerLISP on a mac. I really,
really, really like it! BUT the main advantage of XLISP over Common Lisp
for me (ymmv) is the statistical library that has been written for XLISP. In
my ideal world of scientific computing, Common LISP would be able to use
the STAT library of statistical functions that was originally written for XLISP.
Has anyone ported the STAT library from XLISP to Common LISP?

Simon.

--
S. P. Blomberg                      Sitting still, being quiet, writing down
Dept. of Zoology                    numbers, paying attention...

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone ported Tierny's XLISP-STAT to CLISP?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've started programming in Common LISP using PowerLISP on a mac. I really,
> really, really like it! BUT the main advantage of XLISP over Common Lisp
> for me (ymmv) is the statistical library that has been written for XLISP. In
> my ideal world of scientific computing, Common LISP would be able to use
> the STAT library of statistical functions that was originally written
for XLISP.
> Has anyone ported the STAT library from XLISP to Common LISP?

I think there was an (old) CL version of the statistics code on their
FTP server.

See also:

http://eksl-www.cs.umass.edu/research/clip-clasp-overview.html

http://setosa.uwaterloo.ca/~ftp/Quail/Quail.html

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone ported Tierny's XLISP-STAT to CLISP?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've started programming in Common LISP using PowerLISP on a mac. I really,
> really, really like it! BUT the main advantage of XLISP over Common Lisp
> for me (ymmv) is the statistical library that has been written for XLISP. In
> my ideal world of scientific computing, Common LISP would be able to use
> the STAT library of statistical functions that was originally written for XLISP.
> Has anyone ported the STAT library from XLISP to Common LISP?

> Simon.

If you are going to be a mantainer of such a project, you may count on
me as a contributor.

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone ported Tierny's XLISP-STAT to CLISP?

Quote:

>> Hi,

>> I've started programming in Common LISP using PowerLISP on a mac. I really,
>> really, really like it! BUT the main advantage of XLISP over Common Lisp
>> for me (ymmv) is the statistical library that has been written for XLISP. In
>> my ideal world of scientific computing, Common LISP would be able to use
>> the STAT library of statistical functions that was originally written
>for XLISP.
>> Has anyone ported the STAT library from XLISP to Common LISP?

>I think there was an (old) CL version of the statistics code on their
>FTP server.

See: <ftp://ftp.stat.umn.edu/pub/xlispstat/other/CL/>
However: the readme mentions that it uses the C implementations
for some of the statistics and math code, so it is dependent on
Lisps foreign function interface. ( The readme also mentions
testing it on the Mac, among other systems, but this may be
with MCL. )

There is a Common Lisp implementation of the XlispStat object
system -- but the graphics is missing from the Common Lisp version.
( plus it's based on an older version of XlispStat )

---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of {*filter*}ia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            C{*filter*}tesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
        "Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
        God said, let Newton be! and all was light." - pope

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. XLISP, XLISP-PLUS and XLISP-STAT

2. New Xlisp-Stat code on ftp.stat.ucla.edu

3. New XLisp-Stat book - call for contributors

4. xlisp-stat

5. XLISP-STAT 3.50 available

6. XLISP-STAT: Can I change standard font?

7. new in xlisp-stat archive

8. Xlisp-Stat code

9. xlisp code on ftp.stat.ucla.edu

10. XLISP-STAT

11. Summary: Free Lisps for SCO (Clisp, GCL, Xlisp)

12. CLISP and XLISP?