random numbers
Author Message
 random numbers

Quote:

> Random numbers are not behaving as I expect when I "freeze the state".? I
> would expect that the second sequence and the second half of the first
> sequence would have the same numbers.

> Am I misunderstanding something, or is this a peculiarity of my
> implementation?  (Admittedly I could get more implementations and try this
> before posting, so please forgive my laziness this time :-)

Hmmm.  Your function seems to work as you would expect in Franz ACL 4.3 (Unix).

--

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Random Number Generator to produce SAME random number from 12:00am-11:59pm

2. Random number not random?

3. Pentium III processor number and random number generator

4. J random-number generator: what is used?

5. Quasi Random numbers

6. How do I get random numbers with ALC?

7. [VA] Random Numbers!

8. Problem with random numbers

9. Random number generators

10. Random number generators

11. Random number algorithims

12. WANTED: Assembly code for random numbers