mod_lisp & cmucl
Author Message
 mod_lisp & cmucl

I tried them in my linux machine (redhat 7.0 and apache 1.13).
I just used the modlisp-cmucl.lisp file from fractal web site, everithing
went ok until i tried to run lisp interpreter in background.
When I logged out from su shell, was still ok but when I logged out from my
user shell, the lisp process seems to die...
Sure I miss something stupid, I tried

lisp -load "/home/riccardop/modlisp-cmucl.lisp" -eval
"(start-apache-listener)" &

to execute the lisp interpreter in background. Is it the right way?
Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

--
Riccardo Pucci

D.B.CAD s.r.l.
via F.lli Pellas 10
06121 Perugia (Italy)

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:19:46 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

Quote:

> I tried them in my linux machine (redhat 7.0 and apache 1.13).
> I just used the modlisp-cmucl.lisp file from fractal web site, everithing
> went ok until i tried to run lisp interpreter in background.
> When I logged out from su shell, was still ok but when I logged out from my
> user shell, the lisp process seems to die...
> Sure I miss something stupid, I tried

> lisp -load "/home/riccardop/modlisp-cmucl.lisp" -eval
> "(start-apache-listener)" &

> to execute the lisp interpreter in background. Is it the right way?
> Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Yes you backgrounded it right, but when you exit a shell all child
processes get sent a HUP signal(SIGHUP) because you hung up.  And
well behaved processes will exit.  look at the nohup command for
keeping lisp alive after you exit the shell, 'man nohup'

marc

Quote:

> --
> Riccardo Pucci

> D.B.CAD s.r.l.
> via F.lli Pellas 10
> 06121 Perugia (Italy)

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:28:13 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

Quote:

> Yes you backgrounded it right, but when you exit a shell all child
> processes get sent a HUP signal(SIGHUP) because you hung up.  And
> well behaved processes will exit.  look at the nohup command for
> keeping lisp alive after you exit the shell, 'man nohup'

> marc

Thank you Marc for your help (I start to understand something...)
reading the content of nohup.out file it seems that when I exit the shell,
the lisp process receive an EOF every time it try to read from its standard
input. After 10 EOF it stops itself...
Maybe there is some options in executing cmucl to avoid this, but I didn't
see it.
Or maybe is not possible at all running that lisp as a demon....
Someone could say me if I have to change my way? My need is to interpret
some lisp code im my web application. Mod_lisp is perfect from my needs but
how can I deploy my application if I have to let a shell open on the
server?!
thanks,

Riccardo

here the content of nohup.out

------
* Help! 12 nested errors.  KERNEL:*MAXIMUM-ERROR-DEPTH* exceeded.

Debug  (type H for help)

(COMMON-LISP::DO-OUTPUT #<Stream for the Terminal> #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP
#x402DC000)
Source:
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received EOF.
*
Received more than 10 EOFs; Aborting.

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:10:24 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

Quote:

>> Yes you backgrounded it right, but when you exit a shell all child
>> processes get sent a HUP signal(SIGHUP) because you hung up.  And
>> well behaved processes will exit.  look at the nohup command for
>> keeping lisp alive after you exit the shell, 'man nohup'

>> marc

> Thank you Marc for your help (I start to understand something...)
> reading the content of nohup.out file it seems that when I exit the shell,
> the lisp process receive an EOF every time it try to read from its standard
> input. After 10 EOF it stops itself...
> Maybe there is some options in executing cmucl to avoid this, but I didn't
> see it.
> Or maybe is not possible at all running that lisp as a demon....
> Someone could say me if I have to change my way? My need is to interpret
> some lisp code im my web application. Mod_lisp is perfect from my needs but
> how can I deploy my application if I have to let a shell open on the
> server?!
> thanks,

> Riccardo

Not sure but I am sure someone can help you here, look at IMHO,
it is a web applacation framework so it might have some docs.

marc

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:41:45 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

Quote:
> Thank you Marc for your help (I start to understand something...)
> reading the content of nohup.out file it seems that when I exit the shell,
> the lisp process receive an EOF every time it try to read from its
standard
> input. After 10 EOF it stops itself...
> Maybe there is some options in executing cmucl to avoid this, but I didn't
> see it.
> Or maybe is not possible at all running that lisp as a demon....
> Someone could say me if I have to change my way? My need is to interpret
> some lisp code im my web application. Mod_lisp is perfect from my needs
but
> how can I deploy my application if I have to let a shell open on the
> server?!
> thanks,

well... at the end I found a workaround that could be enough for the moment.
I have just redirected the program input towards a serial device that I
don't use. I guess that the read-eval-print loop of cmucl is happy and
everything works.
If someone knows the right solution, please let me know (to make me happy
too).

Riccardo

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:24:43 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

Quote:
> > Or maybe is not possible at all running that lisp as a demon....
> > Someone could say me if I have to change my way? My need is to interpret
> > some lisp code im my web application. Mod_lisp is perfect from my needs
> but
> > how can I deploy my application if I have to let a shell open on the
> > server?!
> > thanks,

> well... at the end I found a workaround that could be enough for the
moment.
> I have just redirected the program input towards a serial device that I
> don't use. I guess that the read-eval-print loop of cmucl is happy and
> everything works.
> If someone knows the right solution, please let me know (to make me happy
> too).

Have you looked at detachtty ?
http://ww.telent.net/cliki/detachtty

You can use it to connect (and disconnect) to your Lisp process.

Marc

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:57:02 GMT
 mod_lisp & cmucl

">

Quote:
> Have you looked at detachtty ?
> http://ww.telent.net/cliki/detachtty

> You can use it to connect (and disconnect) to your Lisp process.

> Marc

thanks!

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:48:34 GMT

1. apache + mod_lisp + cmucl + clsql +...

2. more cmucl & sbcl questions

3. CMUCL & Cygwin

4. CLISP & CMUCL: non-interactive execution

5. CMUCL & the SI Package

6. An OpenScheme example for mod_lisp

7. Can mod_lisp be used on apache 2 now?

8. mod_lisp

9. mod_lisp

10. mod_lisp 2.3 beta available for testing

11. mod_lisp and NetBSD

12. mod_lisp sketchiness on mac os X