Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs
Author Message
 Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs

        Hello folks,

        Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?

        Thanks.
--

                                                     Day 4 of week 30 of 1998

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs
See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info

Not only do you get a C library with all of Common Lisp (even the
control structure), you get a stand-alone ANSI Common Lisp system to
boot!

Quote:

>         Hello folks,

>         Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?

>         Thanks.
> --

>                                                      Day 4 of week 30 of 1998

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs
Be forewarned, quote from
http://www.elwoodcorp.com/eclipse/platform-specific.htm
Eclipse Introduction: Windows platform Specific Issues:

The Microsoft Windows operating system utility for obtaining elapsed CPU run
time overflows after just under 50 days of continuous computer operation. A
computer running Windows for this long without rebooting will report
eroneous CPU run times.

Is this a joke?

>See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info

>Not only do you get a C library with all of Common Lisp (even the
>control structure), you get a stand-alone ANSI Common Lisp system to
>boot!

>>         Hello folks,

>>         Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?

>>         Thanks.
>> --
>>  Georges KO, Taipei         Alcatel Telecom Taiwan

Quote:
>>                                                      Day 4 of week 30 of

1998

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Common Lisp as an extension language for C programs

Quote:

> Be forewarned, quote from
> http://www.elwoodcorp.com/eclipse/platform-specific.htm
> Eclipse Introduction: Windows platform Specific Issues:

> The Microsoft Windows operating system utility for obtaining elapsed CPU run
> time overflows after just under 50 days of continuous computer operation. A
> computer running Windows for this long without rebooting will report
> eroneous CPU run times.

> Is this a joke?

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking:
- It is true that the run time mechanism on Windows will overflow within
50 days of booting.
- It is true that the Eclipse implementation of GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME
suffers from this limitation -- assuming you can actually keep a Windows
system up that long.  Perhaps your query aludes to the improbability of
this?
Quote:

> --

> >See http://www.elwood.com/eclipse-info

> >Not only do you get a C library with all of Common Lisp (even the
> >control structure), you get a stand-alone ANSI Common Lisp system to
> >boot!

> >>         Hello folks,

> >>         Is there such a thing on Windows, like SIOD for Scheme?

> >>         Thanks.
> >> --
> >>  Georges KO, Taipei         Alcatel Telecom Taiwan

> >>                                                      Day 4 of week 30 of
> 1998

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

2. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

3. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary

4. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp

5. Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp

6. Programming Language for Undergrad Intro CS Course?

7. Programming Language for Undergrad Intro CS Course?

8. Final Program: 1994 IEEE-CS Computer Languages Conference

9. Final Program: 1994 IEEE-CS Computer Languages Conference

10. Common Lisp Extensions (Was: UK lispers mailing list)

11. Macros in Common Lisp, Scheme, and other languages

12. Macros in Common Lisp, Scheme, and other languages