Can lisp file be complied into executable file?
Author Message
 Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

On windows or linux platform.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:53:59 GMT
 Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

Quote:

> On windows or linux platform.

Yes. Use a Lisp compiler.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:37:38 GMT
 Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

Quote:

> On windows or linux platform.

Yes. But you get a .exe (Windows) or an executable (Unix) in a way
that differs from what you'd do with C/C++.  Java .class files (which
are usually just byte-compiled) are a closer similar.  Check what your
implementation documentation tells you about this.

Cheers

NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group        tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
New York, NY 10003, USA                 http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:57:54 GMT
 Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

Quote:

>> On windows or linux platform.

> Yes. But you get a .exe (Windows) or an executable (Unix) in a way that
> differs from what you'd do with C/C++.  Java .class files (which are
> usually just byte-compiled) are a closer similar.  Check what your
> implementation documentation tells you about this.

> Cheers

Hi --
        He might want to check this page
http://users.actrix.gen.nz/mycroft/runlisp.html
in which the author specifically addresses this issue for CMUCL on
GNU/Linux.
        He says you have to load a special kernel module. Is this the standard
way? In this case, is that like the java .class or more like real
executables?
        Regs,

Micro$oft-Free Human         100% Debian GNU/Linux
     KMFMS              "Bring the genome to the people!

www.debian.org - www.debian-br.cipsga.org.br - www.debian-rs.org

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:39:43 GMT

1. compiling lisp files into executables..

2. compiling lisp files into executables..

3. Lisp to C code or executable file

4. Make executable file from VI file

5. Save to file/restore from file - Lisp structures

6. How to load a lisp file in Allegro Common Lisp

7. Executable file in mawk?

8. How to create an executable file

9. Include External Resources in Executable file

10. Smaller Executable File

11. creating executable files

12. Making executable file with Clipper S87