CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5
Author Message
 CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5

We are having serious problems getting CMU CL 17f
running on Solaris 2.5. We downloaded the binaries
from CMU, but when we try to run lisp we get a
"recursive mapping fault". Our machines have
plenty of memory (128 MB RAM), and plenty of
stack space and virtual memory configured with
"ulimit" (We've tried with up to 30 MB stack, and
"unlimited" virtual memory.)

Incidentally, using a smaller Lisp core (without
CLX, etc.) lisp does come up, but crashes when we
try to do anything significant.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Paul Vianna

Sun, 13 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5

Quote:

>We are having serious problems getting CMU CL 17f
>running on Solaris 2.5. We downloaded the binaries
>from CMU, but when we try to run lisp we get a
>"recursive mapping fault". Our machines have
>plenty of memory (128 MB RAM), and plenty of
>stack space and virtual memory configured with
>"ulimit" (We've tried with up to 30 MB stack, and
>"unlimited" virtual memory.)

Is this an Ultrasparc machine?

--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                    Where do you want to go today?
          Hard to tell running your calendar on a junk OS, eh?

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5

   >We are having serious problems getting CMU CL 17f
   >running on Solaris 2.5. We downloaded the binaries
   >from CMU, but when we try to run lisp we get a
   >"recursive mapping fault". Our machines have
   >plenty of memory (128 MB RAM), and plenty of
   >stack space and virtual memory configured with
   >"ulimit" (We've tried with up to 30 MB stack, and
   >"unlimited" virtual memory.)

   Is this an Ultrasparc machine?

I'm having the same problem on an Ultrasparc.  Will there be a new
version for Ultrasparcs?

-Andy

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5
may be related to UltraSparc's)

We are seeing the worst problems on our Ultra's, but lisp is not too stable
on our HyperSparc file server either. The difference is that, while it
crashes immediately on an Axil Ultima 1/K UltraSparc system, it starts up OK
on an Axil 420 HyperSparc machine. But in the latter case, errors like
unbound symbols will crash the system.

I am currently exchanging email with someone who has an idea of what the
problem could be. I'll post more details as they become available.

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CMU CL 17f Problems on Solaris 2.5

> may be related to UltraSparc's)

> We are seeing the worst problems on our Ultra's, but lisp is not too stable
> on our HyperSparc file server either. The difference is that, while it
> crashes immediately on an Axil Ultima 1/K UltraSparc system, it starts up OK
> on an Axil 420 HyperSparc machine. But in the latter case, errors like
> unbound symbols will crash the system.

Odd.  I'm running CMU CL 17f on Solaris 2.5 on a Sun Hypersparc
system.  It runs just fine.  I've not had any crashes except when I do
something stupid and corrupt memory (alien objects or safety at 0).

Ray

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. CMU lisp compiler on Solaris 2.5

2. Newbie Question: CMU CL, Solaris, X11

3. CMU CL port to Solaris: volunteers wanted

4. CMU CL & Solaris 2

5. Help: problems in building Python1.3 on Sun Sparc with Solaris 2.5

6. Compile Problem in Sun Solaris 2.5

7. gcl 2.2 compilation problem on solaris 2.5

8. test problem in 8.0b2 (Solaris 2.5): load.test

9. tcl, wishx problems on Solaris 2.5

10. blt2.1 problems on Solaris 2.5 (UltraSparc)

11. Solaris 2.5 Tcl7.5plus init.tcl problem

12. Compile Problems on Solaris 2.5