Pre-Beginner question
Author Message
 Pre-Beginner question

I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I can
get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

I scanned this list's recent postings, but didn't see any references.
Also, I checked the web, but was not sure what trial version or versions
I should start with.....Admittedly, my searching was pretty weak.

fyi - I've got a couple years as a VW Smalltalker under my belt, so if
there's an free or shareware that might better fit with that experience,
I'd appreciate the link..

thx for any help...

Eric

--
This guy has got to get a better signature

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:19:16 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Quote:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I
> can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Windows NT: http://www.corman.net/CormanLisp.html

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/cl

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:26:30 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Quote:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I can
> get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Go to the ALU web page, which you will find a valuable resource for this
and other purposes.

  http://www.alu.org/

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:31:39 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Eric>  I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure
Eric>  where I can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac
Eric>  OS.

Digitool (www.digitool.com) has a free demo of MCL - a Common Lisp
for MacOS.
For NT versions, have a look at www.xanalys.com, www.franz.com,
www.corman.net, and clisp.cons.org (the last one is GPLed).

--
  Eugene

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:51:41 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Quote:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I
> can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

www.lisp.org

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:01:14 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Quote:

> fyi - I've got a couple years as a VW Smalltalker under my belt, so if
> there's an free or shareware that might better fit with that experience,
> I'd appreciate the link..

I'm using LispWorks from xanalys and am quite happy with it. It runs
under more OSes than one might think and it runs nicely on Linux,
that is what I'm using.

Regards
Friedrich

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:43:21 GMT
 Pre-Beginner question

Quote:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I
> can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Mac OS:

  http://www.digitool.com/

--

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:08:46 GMT

1. Pre-pre-registration for Ruby Conference 2002

2. button question (not a beginner question?)

3. Pre-Newbie Question

4. Clarion 4 Beta Pre-Purchase Questions

5. question about pre- & post-conditions

6. colorForth antecedents / pre-parsing questions

7. Pre-newbie questions about Apple Dylan

8. Newbis question - Pre-defined classes & modules

9. Question on use of pre-processing constructs in Fortran

10. Questions from a pre-newbie

11. BUG: tk4.1 pre release (and questions)

12. Beginner's J question #12 - locales