Tabbing Problem Using CLISP
Author Message
 Tabbing Problem Using CLISP

I've just downloaded and installed CLISP (Haible's version) and most
everything works okay.  However, the tab key doesn't work when typing
in s-expressions over many lines and I want to indent.  It comes
back and says "There are 921 possibilites.  Do you want to see them
all?"  I haven't a clue what this means.  I've tried it on three
different PC's and got the same result.

Anybody out there solved this problem ?  I'm just learning LISP and
really don't know enough yet to start hacking.  Thanks in advance.

Jimmie Kelly

Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:50:40 GMT
 Tabbing Problem Using CLISP

Quote:
>I've just downloaded and installed CLISP (Haible's version) and most
>everything works okay.  However, the tab key doesn't work when typing
>in s-expressions over many lines and I want to indent.  It comes
>back and says "There are 921 possibilites.  Do you want to see them
>all?"  I haven't a clue what this means.  I've tried it on three
>different PC's and got the same result.

TAB is the completion character.  When you press TAB as the first
character on a line, CLISP shows you all the valid symbols.  If you
typed `a' and then TAB you would be presented with all the symbols
starting with `a'.

Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:11:10 GMT
 Tabbing Problem Using CLISP
Hi!

Quote:
> back and says "There are 921 possibilites.  Do you want to see them
> all?"  I haven't a clue what this means.  I've tried it on three
> different PC's and got the same result.

Thats the completion feature of CLISP - you can enter a symbol only
partial and then press TAB and you get a list of all possible symbols. If
there are too much of them you get the above message.

To indent you should use just simple blanks.

bye, Georg

Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:28:00 GMT

1. problem with using TAB button in tabbed dialogs

2. CLISP tab completion problem

3. Problem using step in emacs with clisp

4. tab completion on clisp

5. Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!

6. wanted: Emacs integrated CLISP env for NT, *AND* mathematics package for CLISP

7. Threading using CLisp?

8. CLISP stack problems under windows

9. clisp lispinit.mem problem on Irix 6.2

10. Problem with CLISP and APACHE

11. CLISP Installation Problem Under WIn XP

12. Win32 Installation problem with clisp-2.28