Best CLOS tools for game development?
Author Message
 Best CLOS tools for game development?

Hi,

   I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is using Allegro CL or
another CLOS tool for game development.  Specifically, I'm interested in
learning about tools/extensions that might speed up our game development
time. Success/horror stories about CLOS game development would also be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your considered responses.

Sincerely,

D.C. Phillips

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Best CLOS tools for game development?

Quote:

> Hi,

>    I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is using Allegro CL or
> another CLOS tool for game development.  Specifically, I'm interested
in
> learning about tools/extensions that might speed up our game
development
> time. Success/horror stories about CLOS game development would also be
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your considered responses.

> Sincerely,

> D.C. Phillips

Hmmm, I seem to recall an article on Franz's web site
(http://www.franz.com) a while back about a company that developed
something called GOOL (Game Object Oriented Language?) using CLOS.  They
are the makers of the Crash Bandicoot games.  I believe this game could
be considered very successful, and I remember the article stating the
company's experience using Lisp+CLOS was very positive.  Other than
that, yo no se.

John M. Miller

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python in game development [fwd: best prog lang for games]

2. Good Ada development tools on Sparc?

3. DirectX8 Game Development

4. Game development Suite

5. GAMES DEVELOPMENT

6. new language for game development purposes

7. ada game development

8. ANNOUNCE : Update to my Game Development SuperLINKS!!!

9. Online Game Development Project (GDT) [Pascal/Asm]

10. Game Development using Ada 95

11. Python as a Scripting Language for Game Development?