Dynamic generated DownDown, Buttons, Names generates errors
Author Message
 Dynamic generated DownDown, Buttons, Names generates errors

hi,

I am facing this problem and would like to see what the others think about it.

I am generating a textbox, a button, a dropdownlist and a couple of other form elements on the fly and placing them in a PlaceHolder. There can be multiple entries of each type.

for example,

Name1, button1, dropdown1
Name2, button2, dropdown2

Next When the button1 is clicked, a call a Sub which in turn picks the value of that particular textbox Name1, and the downdown1 is populated.

Now, when I generate more than one entry, my code gets confused as I refer to the name of the object, as the ids are generated on the fly. And it seems to take the last entry only into consideration.

I hope I haven't confused everyone with my query.

Do let me know, if you want to see my code. I don't want to add code in my posting, as others might not be interested in replying back.

Looking forward to what everyone has to say about my issue.

Any Help/Guidance will be greatly appreciated.

--
Thank You,
Sean

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:55:05 GMT
 Dynamic generated DownDown, Buttons, Names generates errors

Yes, pls. send me your sample code

Please NOTE:    In my effort to reduce e-mail spam, you can
only reply directly  by  removing 'NOSPAM'  portion  in  my
e-mail address.  Thank you for understanding.

[...]

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:51:07 GMT

1. Dynamic generated DownDown, Buttons, Names generates errors

2. Generate random number (how to generate seed)

3. Help Please! Dynamic Generated UserControl ArrayHelp Please! Dynamic Generated UserControl Array

4. Create a Dynamic generated SQL query in VB/VBA

5. Creating dynamic generated page

6. generate a dynamic script in child frame

7. Help Please! Dynamic Generated UserControl Array

8. generate dynamic barcodes as images on my page

9. How do you generate Dynamic Datareports ???

10. Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

11. Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)

12. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors