Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++
Author Message
 Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++

Hi,
I'm having trouble with valgrind working on code generated by Intel
fortran and C++.  Is valgrind supposed to work with these compilers?

TIA,
David

Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:57:00 GMT
 Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++

Quote:

> Hi,
> I'm having trouble with valgrind working on code generated by Intel
> Fortran and C++.  Is valgrind supposed to work with these compilers?

  I've talked to people who've gotten valgrind to work fine with ifc
generated code.  We didn't try it with intel C++...

     Andy

Mon, 20 Nov 2006 03:57:33 GMT
 Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++

Quote:

> I'm having trouble with valgrind working on code generated by Intel
> Fortran and C++.  Is valgrind supposed to work with these compilers?

Valgrind works by emulating the instructions, so should work with code
from any compiler (or hand coded assembler).

The only reason I can imagine that the Intel compilers might give you
problems would be if they're generating (for instance) MMX2 instructions
which valgrind either does not understand or fails correctly to emulate.

--
-- Jim
--

Etnus, LLC.     +44 117 9071438
http://www.etnus.com

Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:14:49 GMT
 Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++
Quote:

>>Hi,
>>I'm having trouble with valgrind working on code generated by Intel
>>Fortran and C++.  Is valgrind supposed to work with these compilers?

>   I've talked to people who've gotten valgrind to work fine with ifc
> generated code.  We didn't try it with intel C++...

>      Andy

Thank you.
David

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:41:06 GMT

1. Valgrind error detection and fortran

2. Intel Linux Fortran: works with -g, but not -O0

3. Visual studio debugging of Intel Fortran works!

4. using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

5. What is the latest version of Intel 9 fortran and c/c++ for linux

6. Intel's Fortran and C++ for Linux are available

7. Why alias can't work in Intel Fortran 5.0

8. Intel Fortran and C++ compilers trial CD with DDJ

9. Intel Fortran minus the requirement for Visual C/C++

10. Intel? Math Kernel Library +intel fortran

11. c++ calling fortran and fortran calling C++

12. C++/FORTRAN for numerical work