3rd RFD: sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics
Author Message
 3rd RFD: sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics

This is a reposting of an RFD that has already appeared in several
other newsgroups. This repost is intended to correct a few omissions in
the distribution of the original posting. Follow-ups should go to
news.groups.

Quote:
>                         REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

> This is a formal Request for Discussion for the creation of a new
> newsgroup under the sci.* hierarchy.  This RFD is being cross
> posted to sci.aeronautics, sci.engr.mech, sci.math,
> sci.math.num-analysis, sci.physics and news.announce.newgroups.
> Discussion of this RFD is to take place in news.groups.

> NAME:  sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics

> STATUS: Unmoderated

> One line description for the List of Active Newsgroups:

> sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics - Computational physics,
> especially how it relates to fluids.

> RATIONAL:

> An overwhelming number of researchers are depending on computers to
> solve state of the art fluid problems.  The need for a group
> dedicated specifically to Computational Fluid Dynamics is evidenced
> by the increased traffic in other groups.  The proposed newsgroup
> is intended to provide an international forum for all issues
> concerning the numerical solution of fluid related problems.

> The proposed name sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics is
> specific enough to define the group, but general enough to welcome
> researchers from all disciplines.

> PROPOSED CHARTER:

> sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics is a forum for the
> discussion of all issues relating to computational fluid dynamics.

>         Discussion on all aspects of CFD are welcome, including,
>         but not limited to:

>         * grid generation - elliptic, algebraic, adaptive, structured,
>                 unstructured, 2D, 3D,
>         * Specific flow problems: plasmas, real gases, MHD
>         * Multigrid methods
>         * Finite difference methods
>         * Finite volume methods
>         * Finite element methods
>         * Panel methods
>         * Solution issues: explicit vs. implicit, structured grids vs.
>                            unstructured, ADI vs. SLOR, etc.
>         * High order numerical methods (TVD, ENO)
>         * Turbulence Modeling
>         * Commercial codes - problems, issues, limitations
>         * Visualization
>         * Code validation

----
John R. Manuel        fax: (603) 646-3856        office: (603) 646-2723
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 03755 USA

Mon, 12 Aug 1996 05:09:25 GMT

1. 2nd CFV: sci.physics.computational.fluid-dynamics

2. 2nd RFD: sci.physics.computational

3. RFD -- sci.fluid-dynamics

4. My Computational Methods of Physics page

5. HELP computational physics

6. 3rd RFD: comp.programming.literate

7. 3rd RFD: comp.lang.mumps, voting postponed to 6/20 due to MTA mtg

8. 3rd RFD: comp.compilers.tools.pccts

9. 3rd RFD: comp.soft-sys.acucorp