how to write a program to solve the linear equation with inequality?
Author Message
 how to write a program to solve the linear equation with inequality?

HI, I have a problem like this: a1~a4, b1~b4 are integer.
a1=[3,5],a2=[3,5],...a3=[4,6],a4=[6,8]
b1=[4,6],b2=[4,6],b3=[4,6],b4=[6,8],
a1+...+a4 =[18,20]
b1+..+b4= [22,24]
a1+...+a4+b1+...+b4= 42
How to write a program to provide all the possible solutions of a1~a4,
b1~b4?
Thank you very much for any advise.

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:39:11 GMT
 how to write a program to solve the linear equation with inequality?

Quote:

> HI, I have a problem like this: a1~a4, b1~b4 are integer.
> a1=[3,5],a2=[3,5],...a3=[4,6],a4=[6,8]
> b1=[4,6],b2=[4,6],b3=[4,6],b4=[6,8],
> a1+...+a4 =[18,20]
> b1+..+b4= [22,24]
> a1+...+a4+b1+...+b4= 42
> How to write a program to provide all the possible solutions of a1~a4,
> b1~b4?

I believe the methods to do this are called "integer programming".
Related to linear programming, but only integer solutions are allowed.

The first reply on Google looks like a pretty good explanation, and
later ones are probably also good.

-- glen

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:52:43 GMT

1. Solving Coefficients for Non-Linear Equation

2. Subroutine to solve linear equations to replace LEQIF?

3. ? code for solving linear equations with matrix coefs

4. A new method to solve the large dense linear equations

5. Info Wanted: Solving Linear/NonLinear Equations

6. solving a system of linear equations

7. solving sparse systems of linear equations in lisp

8. solution of nonlinear equations with inequality constraints

9. Linear Inequalities

10. searching program for solving big system of linear equeations

11. linear equations-we need help

12. General LS Linear Fit - Number of Equations