running old fortran progrms other than in dos-window mode
Author Message
 running old fortran progrms other than in dos-window mode

I want to port old fortran codes that I used to run in VAX-VMS and
DEC-UNIX to the PC and I can do it only in dos mode window in DVF.
How can I run them in windows mode (probably with a separate window
for interactive input/output, while the window acts as a VT100 (ANSI)
terminal?
Shimon Zeierman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 running old fortran progrms other than in dos-window mode

Quote:
>I want to port old fortran codes that I used to run in VAX-VMS and
>DEC-UNIX to the PC and I can do it only in dos mode window in DVF.
>How can I run them in windows mode (probably with a separate window
>for interactive input/output, while the window acts as a VT100 (ANSI)
>terminal?

You can make your program run in "Windows mode" simply by creating the
project as type "Fortran QuickWin Application" rather than "Fortran Console
Application".  You can have multiple windows if you want by opening
different units and specifying FILE='USER' on an open.  See the Visual
Fortran Programmer's Guide on QuickWin applications for more details.

Now if your program expects a VT100/ANSI terminal, and sends ANSI escape
sequences, that won't work in QuckWin.  If you are running Windows 9x, you
can load ANSI.SYS and get the sequences to work in a console app, but this
won't work on Windows NT.

Sector 7 (www.sector7.com) has developed a VT220 emulator library which lets
you graft a VT220 terminal window onto an existing application.  I've seen
it demonstrated and it's pretty cool.  Contact them for more information.

DIGITAL Fortran Development    http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation
110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO2-3/N30
Nashua, NH 03062-2698          "Free advice is worth every cent"

DIGITAL Fortran web site: http://www.digital.com/fortran

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Running Fortran application as a DOS Windows under Windows 3.1 or 95

2. Clipper runs in Window 98 DOS mode ?

3. Run Windows prg From Dos window app?

4. Running in DOS mode

5. Identify old DOS FORTRAN compiler

6. Reusing old DOS-Fortran-Code

7. Running old fortran programs under a GUI shell

8. anyone run tcl in dos only mode?

9. word running in DOS mode

10. Old Command, 1 info in Dos to Windows

11. help: MAC FORTRAN VS. MS FORTRAN DOS/WINDOWS

12. Windows App run from Extended Mode App