Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac
Author Message
 Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac

Hello,

I was wondering if fortran 77 is available anywhere by anonymous ftp for
Apple Macs. If so I would be grateful if you could e-mail me.

It's just so I can get the hang of the language from the comfort of my own Mac.

Martin

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac

Quote:
> Martin,

> Never seen it available on anonymous ftp, but I got the student version
> of Language Systems FORTRAN for $99. This is a pretty good deal.

> Dave

> >Hello,

> >I was wondering if Fortran 77 is available anywhere by anonymous ftp for
> >Apple Macs. If so I would be grateful if you could e-mail me.

> >It's just so I can get the hang of the language from the comfort of my
own Mac.

> >Martin

The student version is now $49. Check it out at:

http://www.cais.com/langsys/index.html

Best regards,

/---------------------------------------------------------\
| Gary L. Gray            Engineering Science & Mechanics |
| Assistant Professor               Penn State University |

| http://www.esm.psu.edu/HTMLs/Faculty/GGray.html         |
\=========================================================/
"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to
be understood by everyone, something that no one ever
knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite."
-- P.A.M. Dirac

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

--
David Grayson
UCLA, Dept. Chem.Eng., 5531 Boelter Hall, LA, CA 90095-1592

http://server2.seas.ucla.edu:80/~grayson/

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac
The $49 studenrsion is for 68k Mas only. Unfortunately the PowerMac
version still costs $199. I thought they had it for $99.

You can also get the latest Motorola F77 compiler, for a little more
that $200. It it supposed to give the best code and optimization of all
F77 compiler currently available.

+++++ close the windows - shut the gates +++++

Christian H. Rom
Dept. of Petroleum Engineering
Texas A&M University

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac

Quote:
>> Never seen it available on anonymous ftp, but I got the student version
>> of Language Systems FORTRAN for $99. This is a pretty good deal.

>> Dave

>The student version is now $49. Check it out at:
>http://www.cais.com/langsys/index.html

What is the difference between the full version and the student version (if
there is one).?  I use version 3.3 at work (with MPW), but I'd like to have a
copy of my own for home use.  Also, does the student version come with MPW, or
does it run by itself?

Paul Winter

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I get Fortran 77 for an Apple Mac

Quote:
> >> Never seen it available on anonymous ftp, but I got the student version
> >> of Language Systems FORTRAN for $99. This is a pretty good deal.

> >> Dave

> >The student version is now $49. Check it out at:
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> What is the difference between the full version and the student version (if
> there is one).?  I use version 3.3 at work (with MPW), but I'd like to have a
> copy of my own for home use.  Also, does the student version come with MPW, or
> does it run by itself?

The student version is just the full (68k) version 2.1.  It comes with
MPW.  I just bought it, and I think it's great.  I couldn't use 3.3 since
I am still using system 6 anyway.  All that I need now is a good de{*filter*}.
Any recomendations?

Quote:

--
Cordially,

--

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. WATCOM FORTRAN 77 Version 11 : Getting Started

2. best fortran 77 for mac

3. Fortran 77 compiler for the Mac ??

4. Intel fortran and fortran 77 standard!

5. Fortran 77 code using Fortran 90 compiler

6. Fortran 77 vs Fortran 90/95

7. Fortran 90 -> Fortran 77 translator

8. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

9. HELP: How to translate Fortran 77 to Fortran 90

10. HELP: How to translate Fortran 77 to Fortran 90

11. problems converting Fortran 77 code to Fortran 90

12. Fortran 77 -> Fortran 95