fortran 8x | ANSI fortran standards committee X3J3
Author Message
 fortran 8x | ANSI fortran standards committee X3J3

        Does anybody out there have an idea of the progress that has been
make by the ANSI X3J3 committee?? I have developed a need to know if
it is practical to develop yet another fortran 77 compiler or should I
wait for the new standard.
                        Thanks for your time
                        Doug Robinson

Mon, 20 Jul 1992 17:18:00 GMT
 fortran 8x | ANSI fortran standards committee X3J3

The draft standard was voted out for public review in January.  At the
February meeting the committee did not get through all the comments made
by the members.  When all X3J3 and WG5 (ISO) comments are processed, the
draft will be forwarded to X3 as a recommended draft standard.  I tend
to guess that the final standard will be published no earlier than 1991,
though that is probably not the date the Chair would quote.

                                                Carl Burch
                                                hplabs!hpda!hpcllld!cdb

Mon, 17 Aug 1992 22:52:00 GMT

1. Meeting of X3J3 - ANSI Fortran Standards Committee

2. (newbie) new (future) fortran functions, fortran standard committee

3. Fortran 8x & X3J3 - some comments

4. Standard-conforming Fortran-8X Compiler

5. Fortran 8x Standard, NAMELIST formatting

6. FORTRAN 8x [draft] standards wanted.

7. Fortran-8X standard needed

8. J3 Fortran Standards Committee Approves Floating-Point Functions in Initialization Expressions

9. J3 Fortran Standards Committee meeting announcement

10. fortran 8x and fortran-77

11. FORTRAN-SC, FORTRAN 8x, AUGMENT I or AUGMENT II

12. ANSI, ISO, IEEE STANDARD .. FORTRAN FAQ's