Structure Chart for VAX/VMS F77
Author Message
 Structure Chart for VAX/VMS F77

Hello,

Sorry about the confusion, maybe I can explain what I am want a little better.
I am looking for a tool that wil produce a dependancy chart of subroutine calls
and data passing from subroutine and functions. I am documenting F77 code which
consists of 20 or so subroutines/modules. I want to be able to visualize the
calling sequence and the data flow a little easier. Is there a tool that could
help me do this? I am working on VAX/VMS with F77 and C.

Thanx for any help.

        Tom

----------------------------
T.R.A. Zinck
ATOMIC ENERGY CANADA LIMITED
Whiteshell Labs, Pinawa, Manitoba, CANADA

Mon, 16 Jan 1995 04:30:48 GMT
 Structure Chart for VAX/VMS F77

Quote:

>Sorry about the confusion, maybe I can explain what I am want a little better.
>I am looking for a tool that wil produce a dependancy chart of subroutine calls
>and data passing from subroutine and functions. I am documenting F77 code which
>consists of 20 or so subroutines/modules. I want to be able to visualize the
>calling sequence and the data flow a little easier. Is there a tool that could
>help me do this? I am working on VAX/VMS with F77 and C.

Digital's "Source Code Analyzer" (SCA) product, which is combined with the
"Language-Sensitive Editior" (LSE) product can do this.   For example, here's
what SCA gives you when you ask for the "CALLED_BY" tree for the LINPACK
benchmark:

D1 procedure calls
   DGEFA procedure calls
   .  DAXPY function
   .  DSCAL function
   .  IDAMAX function
   DGESL procedure calls
   .  DAXPY function  (See above)
   .  DDOT function
   MATGEN procedure calls
   .  MOD function
   SECOND function
DAXPY procedure calls
   MOD function  (See above)
DDOT function calls
   MOD function  (See above)
DSCAL procedure calls
   MOD function  (See above)
IDAMAX function calls
   DABS function

The latest version, V4.0, can also give you a graphical display if you're
using a workstation, and can save the display in a file which you can
print.  The call tree can start from any "node" and can be of any
selected depth.  You can also tell SCA to eliminate "uninteresting"
routines if you like, as well as get a tree in "called from" order.

You can also ask SCA for reports on variable usage, including uses as
actual and/or formal arguments, have it check for argument list consistency
between caller and callee, or have it generate documentation from your
fortran (or other language) source.

LSE/SCA is also available as part of the DECSET (formerly VAXSET) package
and is available for OpenVMS VAX as well as RISC ULTRIX.

Languages Group
Digital Equipment Corporation
110 Spit Brook Road
Nashua, NH 03062

Mon, 16 Jan 1995 00:29:13 GMT

1. WANTED : structure chart generator for VAX/VMS

2. Advice on porting to F90 from F77 w/VAX structure record extensions

3. VAX/VMS or Alpha VMS Port

4. VMS f77 to Sun f77 converter

5. Porting VAX F77 to Sun F77. Need help

6. J for VAX/VMS yet ?

7. Can I get an AWK for VAX VMS?

8. Eiffel on VAX/VMS

9. forth on vax/vms

10. Forth for VAX/VMS

11. Charlie Hitselberger: VAX Forthsim/VMS V3.2

12. VAX/VMS Forth?