Synchronize Our Clocks Now!
Author Message
 Synchronize Our Clocks Now!

Ok, everyone posting to CLF, synchronize >>> now <<<.

I keep reading responses before the original was submitted.
--

Gary Scott

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Support the GNU fortran G95 Project:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 07:32:34 GMT
 Synchronize Our Clocks Now!

Quote:

> Ok, everyone posting to CLF, synchronize >>> now <<<.

> I keep reading responses before the original was submitted.

I think my news browsing tool timestamps things with my
local time (US, Mountain Daylight at the moment), rather than
a common reference like UTC.  I suspect that true of most
others as well.  So, if someone using Eastern Daylight posts
an article, and I respond as soon as I see it, my article will have
a timestamp that's two hours earlier (minus the time it takes me to
type in the response)   What do you suggest?

--
J. Giles

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:25:03 GMT
 Synchronize Our Clocks Now!
I guess I'm not aware of all the differences between browsers.  Netscape
and IE adjust the time displayed in terms of local time if possible.
They include the time zone information in messages that they create so
that they can perform the adjustment.

Quote:

--

Gary Scott

http://www.fortranlib.com

Support the GNU Fortran G95 Project:  http://g95.sourceforge.net

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:53:04 GMT
 Synchronize Our Clocks Now!

Quote:

> Ok, everyone posting to CLF, synchronize >>> now <<<.
> I keep reading responses before the original was submitted.

No can do. Usenet news uses a flood-fill algorithm that also prioritizes on
size and newness. This will often lead to responses (because they are shorter,
nearer to you, or later) arriving earlier.

        Jan

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:00:25 GMT

1. Synchronizing Workstation clocks

2. Synchronize two clocks

3. Win95-Network: synchronize the PC-Clocks

4. Max+PlusII: Design Doctor: synchronized by another clock

5. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails

6. change TOD clock with set and store clock

7. How to do IP clock balance with external clock

8. How to Generate 1MHz clock from 44MHz Clock??

9. Problem with clocking logic usign a derived clock

10. Gated Clock(double rate clock)?

11. clocking on rising AND falling edge of a clock

12. rising_edge(clock) vs clock'event