Calling a Visual Basic DLL from a Fortran executable
Author Message
 Calling a Visual Basic DLL from a Fortran executable

Quote:
> I use an Access 7 database to store some broadcasting data.
> I have already written several Visual Basic programs to extract the data
> for a given study.
> However the original program to do the technical analysis is in fortran.
> Therefore I would like to call a Visual Basic DLL from a Fortran
> executable. I have seen many examples of calling a Fortran dll from VB,
> but never the reverse like I' m trying to do.

> Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated

> regards from Geneva
> Jean-Marc Paquet

I think that VB 5 can produce a standard DLL.  You can also try reading the
data right out of Access from FORTRAN or C linked into the FORTRAN.  To do
this you would use the ODBC API calls.  I do this currently for
read/writing data from a FORTRAN application to any ODBC database.

Good Luck
-Bruce Callen

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

2. HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

3. HELP : visual basic calling fortran DLL

4. Calling Fortran DLL in VIsual Basic 6.0

5. Calling fortran dll from visual basic

6. Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic

7. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

8. Visual Basic call a Fortran DLL

9. Calling Fortran-DLLs with Visual Basic 4.0

10. Calling MS Excel Visual Basic functions from Fortran DLL

11. Calling a fortran DLL from Visual Basic

12. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6