carriagecontrol in g77
Author Message
 carriagecontrol in g77

I'm sending text to standard output and I'm trying to get rid of the
first space that the compiler sends every time. I see references to
using "OPEN" and "CARRIAGECONTROL='LIST'" or "CARRIAGECONTROL='NONE'",
but I can't figure out the syntax. I'm on a PC using g77. Can anyone
help me with this? Thanks.

Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:35:19 GMT
 carriagecontrol in g77

Quote:

> I'm sending text to standard output and I'm trying to get rid of the
> first space that the compiler sends every time. I see references to
> using "OPEN" and "CARRIAGECONTROL='LIST'" or "CARRIAGECONTROL='NONE'",
> but I can't figure out the syntax. I'm on a PC using g77. Can anyone
> help me with this? Thanks.

If you are using list directed formatting then you are supposed to see
a leading space. If you use an explicit format, then you see what you
expect, since g77 does not consider console output to be a printer.

       print *,'hello, world'

gives a leading space

       write(*,10)
10     format('hello, world')

does not. It also does not 'eat' the leading 'h'.

-- Elliot

Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:47:52 GMT

1. Help-carriagecontrol!!!

2. Help: CARRIAGECONTROL='LIST' ???

3. runs with g77 3.2.2 but not with g77 3.3. Why?

4. Character expression restrictions with g77?

5. GNAT + gcc + g77 (GNU Fortran)

6. GNU g77 FORTRAN compiler witten in C?

7. GNAT, g77 and Linux

8. GCC with G77 and GNAT: any successes

9. g77 assembler messages

10. g77 is losing