Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7
Author Message
 Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

I am looking for the Excel API for Excel 7.

I have it for Excel 5 which I got by buying Microsoft Excel Developer's
Kit, 2nd edition.  I tried to buy Microsoft Excel Developer's Kit, 3rd
edition which is referred to in many Microsoft Press books as well as
Microsoft Press WEB page...  Bookstores AND MICROSOFT PRESS BOTH tell me
that it was never printed!!!  They can't tell me where I can get the
Excel API!

Does anybody know where I can get the Excel API for Excel 7 (more
specifically: XLCALL.LIB and XLCALL.H)?

Many thanks in advance to all who help,

D Clermont

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

You may want to check in the sdk newsgroup for the best answer to this.

I think the API remains virtually unchanged, so you can use the same files
as you used with v5. (I think there were actually two changes to the file
structure, but they're minor and don't affect reading the file.)
--
HTH -

Frank
MIcrosoft Excel MVP

Quote:
> I am looking for the Excel API for Excel 7.

> I have it for Excel 5 which I got by buying Microsoft Excel Developer's
> Kit, 2nd edition.  I tried to buy Microsoft Excel Developer's Kit, 3rd
> edition which is referred to in many Microsoft Press books as well as
> Microsoft Press WEB page...  Bookstores AND MICROSOFT PRESS BOTH tell me
> that it was never printed!!!  They can't tell me where I can get the
> Excel API!

> Does anybody know where I can get the Excel API for Excel 7 (more
> specifically: XLCALL.LIB and XLCALL.H)?

> Many thanks in advance to all who help,

> D Clermont

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

Get the following files from MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/excel/FreeStuff/MSTools/xl95sdk.exe
http://www.microsoft.com/KB/SoftLib/MSLFiles/FRMWRK32.EXE

The xl95sdk.exe file contains xlcall32.lib and sdk32.doc.  the
frmwrk32.exe file contains a template for writing xlls and includes
XLCALL.H.

HTH,
John

Quote:

> I am looking for the Excel API for Excel 7.

> I have it for Excel 5 which I got by buying Microsoft Excel Developer's
> Kit, 2nd edition.  I tried to buy Microsoft Excel Developer's Kit, 3rd
> edition which is referred to in many Microsoft Press books as well as
> Microsoft Press WEB page...  Bookstores AND MICROSOFT PRESS BOTH tell me
> that it was never printed!!!  They can't tell me where I can get the
> Excel API!

> Does anybody know where I can get the Excel API for Excel 7 (more
> specifically: XLCALL.LIB and XLCALL.H)?

> Many thanks in advance to all who help,

> D Clermont

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

We were told that it would be part of the SDK's distributed with MSDN;
however, we've just used the SDK for Excel 5 which works fine with Excel 7
if you compile 32-bit.

Carter Maslan
BeaconWare  (http://www.beaconware.com)  (207) 773-2550

Quote:
> I am looking for the Excel API for Excel 7.

> I have it for Excel 5 which I got by buying Microsoft Excel Developer's
> Kit, 2nd edition.  I tried to buy Microsoft Excel Developer's Kit, 3rd
> edition which is referred to in many Microsoft Press books as well as
> Microsoft Press WEB page...  Bookstores AND MICROSOFT PRESS BOTH tell me
> that it was never printed!!!  They can't tell me where I can get the
> Excel API!

> Does anybody know where I can get the Excel API for Excel 7 (more
> specifically: XLCALL.LIB and XLCALL.H)?

> Many thanks in advance to all who help,

> D Clermont

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

2. how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

3. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

4. after opening an excel doc with actve X, crashes when calling excel again

5. Using Win32OLE with Excel leaves Excel process hanging

6. Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?

7. convert txt excel file without open the excel application

8. I'm looking for two libraries: mlibca.lib, ct.lib

9. Worksheet Library (Lotus/Excel) or File format

10. Looking for Excel Automation Example Code

11. EXCEL Look alike OCX

12. *** Looking for Excel macro language documentor.