Help Salford Ftn
Author Message
 Help Salford Ftn

 I just tried Salford fortran Compiler in PC and
there is error which I do not understand. The error
is :
        CONSTANT EXPRESSION VALUE OUT OF RANGE FOR REQUIRED
        CONVERSION

The fact that the value is only 50000, it makes me so confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank's in advance,

Hedy

--

=============================
* Hedy Rahadian,            *

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:43:42 GMT
 Help Salford Ftn
        In comp.lang.fortran you write:

         I just tried Salford Fortran Compiler in PC and
        there is error which I do not understand. The error
        is :
                CONSTANT EXPRESSION VALUE OUT OF RANGE FOR REQUIRED
                CONVERSION

        The fact that the value is only 50000, it makes me so confused.

---What is the statement or statements?  You need to post
a segment of the program.

   Does the problem go away if the constant is < 32768?

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 09:21:47 GMT
 Help Salford Ftn

Quote:
>  I just tried Salford Fortran Compiler in PC and
> there is error which I do not understand. The error
> is :
>         CONSTANT EXPRESSION VALUE OUT OF RANGE FOR REQUIRED
>         CONVERSION

> The fact that the value is only 50000, it makes me so confused.

The default FTN77 integer size at installation is INTEGER*2 (it also gets
reset to *2 every time the compiler is re-installed/upgraded). Either specify
/INTL on the command line or reconfigure the compiler to 4-byte integers
using FTN77/CONFIG.

Are you listening Salford ? Please, please, please, change the delivered
default to 4 byte integers.

Regards,

Lawson Wakefield
*************************************
* Interactive Software Services Ltd *
* Tel    +44 (0)1785 715588         *
* Fax    +44 (0)1785 714913         *

*************************************

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 22:13:42 GMT
 Help Salford Ftn

Quote:
>  I just tried Salford Fortran Compiler in PC and
> there is error which I do not understand. The error
> is :
>         CONSTANT EXPRESSION VALUE OUT OF RANGE FOR REQUIRED
>         CONVERSION

> The fact that the value is only 50000, it makes me so confused.

You need to compile with /INTL to force it use 4 byte integers.  Even
better, type FTN77 /CONFIG and set the default to /INTL instead of
/INTS.

--
John Appleyard

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Linden House
93 High St.                     Tel. +44(0)1865-300579
Standlake                       Fax. +44(0)1865-300232
WITNEY                          Compuserve 100013,461

United Kingdom

Sun, 31 Aug 1997 02:23:21 GMT

1. linking acml library with salford ftn compiler

2. Where can I find Salford FTN 77???

3. Salford FTN 95 output window problem

4. help with cray ftn namelist

5. CHANGE SALFORD F90 to SALFORD F77

6. salford 386 vs salford 486

7. Help! Salford FTN95

8. help with Salford FTN95 dlls

9. HELP - Salford tree-view control

10. Help : FLINT and SALFORD (shareware)

11. HELP! (with Salford->Lahey conversion)

12. Anyone using SALFORD 32bit FTN on a PC under Windows ?